I want a weather station setup

Thanks for taking the time to lay all that out Clampit. It's great.
I should be home in a couple days and will start building a page...
May I use your pictures in my webpage?

Hey WY,

Thanks for your comment about my post;) much appreciated;);)

By all means;) no problem with that;) keep us up to date with your website build;)

Reactions: IflyinWY
Hey dirk, sounds right but what model number is it & price?;) Don't want ya to buy the wrong model;)
shim.gif
Price: $1,295.00
Part #: 06163

Don't see where it comes with the monitor though . Looks like a stand alone set up I could put in field behind house .

Last edited:
shim.gif
Price: $1,295.00
Part #: 06163

Don't see where it comes with the monitor though . Looks like a stand alone set up I could in field behind house .

Hey dirk, sounds right to me;) should come with the monitor, that's the heart of the unit:) PM me a link to it;)

Blimey, look at meeee this morning, got me sensible head on;)

Same sort of price as, gonna say it......... P3P:eek:

Reactions: dirkclod
Hey dirk, sounds right to me;) should come with the monitor, that's the heart of the unit:) PM me a link to it;)

Blimey, look at meeee this morning, got me sensible head on;)
Wonder why ..maybe
java Java.gif
;)

Reactions: Clampit
I think you've hit the nail on the head with that;), dead right:( I send myself to sleep with me talking:eek: now thats bad....
As long as ya wasn't talking back to yourself that's ok ! :eek:

Right dirk,

Good choice of weather station you've picked;), plus there are sooo many extras that you can add of a later stage.

If you look at my photo of the weather station, on the rain cone I made bird spikes, yep to stop the birds from sitting & dumping into the rain collector.... Made this about 5 years ago I now see Davis have added this to some of there models as a new feature.....;) I wonder if they got that idea from meeeeeeeee;)

Hey dirk,

Just for you;) this gives you an idea of what to do;)

image.jpg

Could I put a setup like that on a cow and have a "Mobile" weather station? It wouldn't move very fast though.

Could I put a setup like that on a cow and have a "Mobile" weather station? It wouldn't move very fast though.

Well if ya can have this image.jpg on one can't see why you can't put a weather station on one:p:p:D

Reactions: IflyinWY
Well if ya can have this View attachment 21410 on one can't see why you can't put a weather station on one:p:p:D

What the heck is that???
Looks like someone decided to turn their cow into a fish and gave it an air bladder to keep it upright. On second thought, I don't want to know what it's for.

What the heck is that???
Looks like someone decided to turn their cow into a fish and gave it an air bladder to keep it upright. On second thought, I don't want to know what it's for.

Ain't got a clue ever.... Couldn't find a cow with a weather station on his back but I found that:D:D

Ain't got a clue ever.... Couldn't find a cow with a weather station on his back but I found that:D:D
Gotta love those search engines, they run full speed whenever you tell em to. :eek:

Betcha some sick bastard make a gas collection device. That bladder is probably connected to the cows rear end, the gas captured and used to power a "green" hybrid car.....

just a thought...

a mind is a terrible thing when its wasted...

Betcha some sick bastard make a gas collection device. That bladder is probably connected to the cows rear end, the gas captured and used to power a "green" hybrid car.....

just a thought...

a mind is a terrible thing when its wasted...
Naaaa...That gas makes it light on it's feet like a hot air balloon !
And don't tell Steve that as he be getting some cow's cause he's looking at those hybrid cars :eek:

Reactions: mad in nc
Last edited:
Great, another thread I have to follow. If Dirk is around trouble will soon follow, that and that Clampit fellow.

Speaking of Porky... any opinions on 'Ambient Weather' products (they sell Davis too)? I see a very affordable model, WS-2095, whats your opinion?. http://www.ambientweather.com/amws2090.html
I see Mac users need a program called 'WeatherSnoop' to connect to it, Windows based PC's connect without additional software.

Great, another thread I have to follow. If Dirk is around trouble will soon follow, that and that Clampit fellow.

Speaking of Porky... any opinions on 'Ambient Weather' products (they sell Davis too)? I see a very affordable model, WS-2095, whats your opinion?. http://www.ambientweather.com/amws2090.html
I see Mac users need a program called 'WeatherSnoop' to connect to it, Windows based PC's connect without additional software.

I like that TJ.... and affordable so if i get bored it won't be a big loss. Also looks like when I travel and take my MAC I can use the wifes PC to provide inter web access to Wunderground... Need to check into the connections, firewall etc....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl