I think this battery in the video is dead - can you confirm?

Reaction score

Hi, as far as I have been able to read, when the right-most bar flashes like in the video, the battery is dead. Is that correct?

It does not seem to be able to charge either, which supports this.

It has not been used for two years, but it still seems odd, that it is not working, as it has been charged and used ~10-15 times since "birth".

The single light flashing means 25% or less charge, not bad battery - see your manual. Not charging after several hours is a reasonably common problem. Some report if you discharge it further to 8%, you equalize the charge, and it will recharge from there.

I have always had to replace the battery with a new one.

Hi, as far as I have been able to read, when the right-most bar flashes like in the video, the battery is dead. Is that correct?

It has not been used for two years, but it still seems odd, that it is not working, as it has been charged and used ~10-15 times since "birth".
After watching your video, it looks like something is wrong with the intelligent part of the battery. possibly there is a way to reset the computer inside and then recharge the battery, because it looks like the computer inside the battery has gone wonky.

Perform the 20 flight battery drain.
Fully discharge the battery.
I place mine in the drone, power up the drone with props attached for cooling.
I hold the bird with my right hand.
I hold the throttle wide open until the battery gets so low that the drone turns off.
It is hairy but kind of exciting.
Let the battery cool down and fully recharge.
This should reset the internal 'Smart Chip".
If that does not work, you will then know for certain that the battery is unrecoverable .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20