I sure am glad the 9450 props have give . I always grab the landing gear then power off.

Reaction score
IMG_1534003056.399710.jpg

You guys can grab the Drone all you want...and hand land in Your waiting hand....My self i value my skin and the loss of blood highly...Glad this fellow droner is OK....i don't imagine we ever hear about the guys that actually need several stitches ! and is that sweat on your arm or rain ! OUCH !

If a normal landing is not possible: Never catch the drone while it is flying towards you. Let it hang 30 cm above you, grab the landing gear with your right hand and stop the engines with your left stick.

Reactions: thephantomaddict
Key point is to let it hover, grab the leg but don't move it until you've killed the motors. If you try to walk away after you grab it, the GPS will start fighting you and the odds are it's gonna win!

I have never hand landed my Phantom and never plan to ever do it. Not sure I understand why you would want to do that. Investing in a portable landing pad seems to me to be a better option than risking getting chopped up. Why risk it? Too many things can go wrong.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
In the interest of keeping the drone and camera lenses clean I prefer to hand catch on return. I also will launch from the roof of my vehicle. If I use the RTH I switch to manual just before landing and hand catch. After practice it becomes easier.

As others, Had no issues hand catching, if where I am landing is hard then I always hand land.

In 90 percent of my landings I catch the drone out of the sky. In the left hand my remote control and with the right hand I take the drone. When there is a nice surface to land the drone, I use the 'prescribed landing method'. But often I fly in open fields with tall grasses.

In the interest of keeping the drone and camera lenses clean I prefer to hand catch on return. I also will launch from the roof of my vehicle. If I use the RTH I switch to manual just before landing and hand catch. After practice it becomes easier.
Is your vehicle a hard top? You may like to look at your compass mod value in the sensor menu with the AC on the car roof and away from it. You might be surprised at the difference. If you power up your AC in an area with a magnetic disturbance chances are it will report normal compass with a chance you will have issues when you launch and fly away from the disturbance. I calibrated my IMU in my office and then got a compass error when I picked up the phantom. The cupboard below the bench where I calibrated is full of loudspeaker woofers with big neodymium magnets. I then looked at the radar in go and it reported the AC heading as being almost opposite actual. That would have provided for an interesting flight.

Hand catching is fine if you have your wits about you. I liken it to using a chain saw or angle grinder. It can’t bite you if you have a firm grip on it and your paying attention.

Reactions: DKG13CC
It can’t bite you if you have a firm grip on it and your paying attention. That's what she said

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4