P3 Firmware I reinstall update, but now, the gimbal tilt control wheel is not working

Reaction score
I have a P3P and I try to reinstall the latest firmware as I had a lot Esc error. After I made this, the dial wheel that control the gimbal tilt stopped working. I an only control my gimbal tilt by pressing my iPhone screen ( up and down movement).
I even changed the dial wheel... but with nothing changed...
Any idea?? I really love using the wheel for nice videos.....

Apart from trying a rc and stick calibration this stumps me,dont forget to do gimble wheel in this process, follow onscreen instructions or it wont save,,this might fix your gimble wheel

Reactions: Capt KO
The gimbal wheel stopped working after trying to reinstall latest firmware upgrade. Here's the thing i did so far ( in order):
- relink the controller
- made the controller calibration
- relink controller
- got a used gimbal wheel and changed it. ( didn't unpplugged the remote controller battery by now)
- relink controller
- controller calibration ( including wheel).

and nothing so far.

i can move the gimbal by pressing on my phone app, of even use the C1 button to mode it 90 degre below...It does the same thing on litchi ou 360app

need help on this one

anyone as the right process to force the firmware complete reinstall ? maybe it could help, maybe i didn't had the right procedure

You didn't specify if the FW update completed successfully. I would try again with a fresh and completely empty SD card with the FW .BIN file on it. Have a small fan blowing on the camera/gimbal to keep it cool during the update and let it fully complete. Hopefully that fixes this issue because it doesnt sound there's a problem with the remote.

I'm ok with that ! ;-) at first i wasn't sure if he was joking or not, but i really appreciate the advice for sure !
Now i just need to know if i should use the standard "firware upgrade process" or there is another procedure to "force" the firmware to completely reinstall.

Thanks for the support, it's really appreciate.

The gimbal wheel stopped working after trying to reinstall latest firmware upgrade. Here's the thing i did so far ( in order):
- relink the controller
- made the controller calibration
- relink controller
- got a used gimbal wheel and changed it. ( didn't unpplugged the remote controller battery by now)
- relink controller
- controller calibration ( including wheel).

and nothing so far.

i can move the gimbal by pressing on my phone app, of even use the C1 button to mode it 90 degre below...It does the same thing on litchi ou 360app

need help on this one

anyone as the right process to force the firmware complete reinstall ? maybe it could help, maybe i didn't had the right procedure
If the firmware update didn’t install completely maybe try the reinstall as shown in the attached video.

Attachments

• Safari - Aug 5, 2020 at 8:54 AM.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 366
Sounds interesting... i'll try this right away

it's kind of wierd... i tried it as on the video and the update lasted maximum 3-4 minutes....
didn't fix the dial wheel thing...
i formated the card, put the bin file on it
out the card in the drone
push on tht link button and start the drone, hold the link button for minimum 10-15 sec...
it made and update, but not 15 minutes long...

it's kind of wierd... i tried it as on the video and the update lasted maximum 3-4 minutes....
didn't fix the dial wheel thing...
i formated the card, put the bin file on it
out the card in the drone
push on tht link button and start the drone, hold the link button for minimum 10-15 sec...
it made and update, but not 15 minutes long...
Look to see what firmware version the remote controller has and also the firmware version the A/C has. Then let us know what they are. You may have a firmware incompatible issue.

Reactions: jiminyfixit
IMG_0327.jpg

Here’s my firmwares info

Strange, there is NO mention of a firmware version 1.9.2 in the P3P release notes.

Anyways, it looks like you have to update the RC-firmware as well to v1.11.20.

In your picture there's a "+"-sign after the AC version number, this means there is something wrong with it.

Go to the DJI P3P download site and download the PDF-file "How to Update the Firmware v1.4"

or

On page 4 it states you have to use the DJI GO app to update the firmware if the RC-firmware is v1.3.20 or above.
Also the DJI Go app version has to be v3.1.13(iOS) / v3.1.8(Android) or above.

According to the info on your picture and the Firmware Update Guide you have to instal the latest DJI GO app on your device and use the GO app to update the firmware of your drone AND remote controller.

All you need to do is reinstall or update controller's firmware and wheel will work.

Attachments

• IMG_1983.jpg
    IMG_1983.jpg
    584.4 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_2013.jpg
    IMG_2013.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_1986.jpg
    IMG_1986.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 329
  • IMG_1985.jpg
    IMG_1985.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 345
  • IMG_7613.JPG
    IMG_7613.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 363
Last edited:
Strange, there is NO mention of a firmware version 1.9.2 in the P3P release notes.

Anyways, it looks like you have to update the RC-firmware as well to v1.11.20.
There is no such thing as v1.11.20 for the RC.

v1.9.2 is fine for the RC. It is even noted as such in the release notes you posted.

Do you have a P3P or A? I’m curious which version you have on your own RC. Could it be v1.9.x perhaps? ;)

Reactions: JoBe
There is no such thing as v1.11.20 for the RC.

v1.9.2 is fine for the RC. It is even noted as such in the release notes you posted.

Do you have a P3P or A? I’m curious which version you have on your own RC. Could it be v1.9.x perhaps? ;)
I have a P3P still on version 1.8.80 (AC) & 1.6.0 (RC), and DJI GO v3.1.1.
No need to login to DJI servers.
I've red on a DJI forum that the + sign after the AC version number will disappear after re-installing the DJI GO app:

Last edited:
All you need to do is reinstall or update controller's firmware and wheel will work.

Your process to get the 1.9.3 worked fine.. but the $%#$% dial wheel still aint working....
Even when i do the remote calibration i can see the wheel level moving on my screen. but why it still doesnt work. also i looked at my P3P update files (txt) and most item don't need to ne update because same version is already install (The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.)

Should i force downgrade to a previous firmware and back to the lat one ?

Your process to get the 1.9.3 worked fine.. but the $%#$% dial wheel still aint working....
Even when i do the remote calibration i can see the wheel level moving on my screen. but why it still doesnt work. also i looked at my P3P update files (txt) and most item don't need to ne update because same version is already install (The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.)

Should i force downgrade to a previous firmware and back to the lat one ?
Yes Even if you do the remote calibration will see the wheel level moving on screen.
Forgot to mention, that is what I did with the Phantom 3 Professional but on my Phantom 3 4K mod which had the same issue did this: Gimbal, RC repair. Hope any of this work. Do you have a friend you can try testing on their drone and r/c?
All this worked for me doing a process of elimination.
Good luck and hope someone comes with a solution, will keep an eye on thread.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic