I really need some basic . . . low level help

Reaction score
About 6 weeks ago I bought a Phantom 4 . . . used of course . . . and the fellow who owned it showed me it flew wonderfully.

I brought it home . . . got it registered . . . and was getting ready to start my part 107 study to get my license.

I thought I'd take it out back and fly around the back yard.

I cannot get the bird to get fully ready for takeoff.

The battery is charged in the controller . . . the bird . . . and my phone . . . a Samsung n22.

I've downloaded the DJI go app . . . and a couple weeks ago . . . all I had to do was turn everything on . . . and I could get the camera to show me it was ready. It was too cold . . . and windy . . . until today . . .

Now it first told me I had the wrong password . . . and rather than argue . . . I changed it.

Then it keeps telling me the 4 digit authenticating code is the wrong code . . .

I'm really at my wits end . . . wondering if I shouldn't dump the app and start all over again . . .

AND . . . is a Ipad mini 4 a good tablet for these drones. My phone just isn't as big a screen as I would like to have.

Anything you guys can do to help me I'd appreciate it. And don't worry about being too basic . . . I may be doing some stupid procedural error . . .

Thanks, may God bless,
Dwight

About 6 weeks ago I bought a Phantom 4 . . . used of course . . . and the fellow who owned it showed me it flew wonderfully.

I brought it home . . . got it registered . . . and was getting ready to start my part 107 study to get my license.

I thought I'd take it out back and fly around the back yard.

I cannot get the bird to get fully ready for takeoff.

The battery is charged in the controller . . . the bird . . . and my phone . . . a Samsung n22.

I've downloaded the DJI go app . . . and a couple weeks ago . . . all I had to do was turn everything on . . . and I could get the camera to show me it was ready. It was too cold . . . and windy . . . until today . . .

Now it first told me I had the wrong password . . . and rather than argue . . . I changed it.

Then it keeps telling me the 4 digit authenticating code is the wrong code . . .

I'm really at my wits end . . . wondering if I shouldn't dump the app and start all over again . . .

AND . . . is a Ipad mini 4 a good tablet for these drones. My phone just isn't as big a screen as I would like to have.

Anything you guys can do to help me I'd appreciate it. And don't worry about being too basic . . . I may be doing some stupid procedural error . . .

Thanks, may God bless,
Dwight
Did you get DJI Go or DJI Go4.I had to use Go4 for my P4.

You didn't write which P4 you have: the P4standard or P4P (Professional?)! At the last one you need Go4 firmware, for the basic P4 I'm not sure.

by registered, are you referring to FAA Dronezone or to your DJI account.
Did he fly it with your phone using DJI GO4 app or his phone. Do you have the DJI GO4 app correctly installed.
I suspect it is still registered to his DJI account. Find a YTube on how to change the DJI registration. The mystery is why your camera connected to your phone previously.

I loaded up the DJI go 4 app . . . and when I first got it on my phone and my Samsung Galaxy A tablet . . . it seemed as though all was working.

Wanted to take it up in the front yard yesterday . . . nothing doing. I had it all set up in the garage . . . but by the time I got out into the yard . . . it had gone off my phone . . . could not get it to go with the tablet.

Went back inside . . . it started saying I didn't use the right password . . . and believe me that was wrong . . .

I changed the password . . . but then it came time to put in those little 4 "authenticating" letters and numbers . . . it never would let me . . . kept saying it was wrong . . . changed it a half dozen times . . . same forever.

Came in the house . . . dumped DJI . . . down loaded Lichti . . . and if the wind quits . . . I'll take it up for a 3 minute run later today.

It is the Phantom 4 model . . . not the 4 Pro . . .

Thanks all of you . . . will get back after I see what it will do.

Need to find a list of "do this . . . then do this . . . then do this" as far as setting up the bird to fly with Lichti.

May God bless,
Dwight

I repair and fly other people’s drones all the time for test purposes. The app you use has to be registered. The drone, I would say no.

Reactions: Dwight55
Thanks Droneted . . . but I was very careful to do that . . . somewhere else I got that warning . . . so I for sure did it.

But I did take it out yesterday afternoon . . . flew it all of 5 minutes . . . up / out / left / right / 180 turn . . . back to my location . . . landed

And I was some kind of happy with the Lichti . . . now I need to get an Ipad mini to run it . . . phone screen is just too small I think.

Can you tell me the minimum requirements for an Ipad mini? I was told to be sure to get one with GPS . . . but nobody for sure said a Mini 2 or Mini 3 or Mini 4 is the least I could use,

Thanks, may God bless,
Dwight

Thanks Droneted . . . but I was very careful to do that . . . somewhere else I got that warning . . . so I for sure did it.

But I did take it out yesterday afternoon . . . flew it all of 5 minutes . . . up / out / left / right / 180 turn . . . back to my location . . . landed

And I was some kind of happy with the Lichti . . . now I need to get an Ipad mini to run it . . . phone screen is just too small I think.

Can you tell me the minimum requirements for an Ipad mini? I was told to be sure to get one with GPS . . . but nobody for sure said a Mini 2 or Mini 3 or Mini 4 is the least I could use,

Thanks, may God bless,
Dwight
Not sure. I use an old iPad and it does not have GPS. I have no issues with using it

was seller friendly?
friendly enough to help you?
(probably state in advance you have no interest in returning it)

Not sure. I use an old iPad and it does not have GPS. I have no issues with using it
Can you tell me what model of Ipad you are using . . . ?? That gives me a "basic" place to start. I've already got two tablets here at the house that won't even think of running it . . . I'm trying not to buy a third . . . but cannot afford the "newest and greatest" in the Ipads

May God bless,
Dwight

Sorry I am not sure and I am in Mexico until Monday. Email me at : droneted@ gmail.com
That way I won’t forget to look when I get home

I use the iPad mini 4 when using GO 4 on phantoms, mini 3 and below not powerful enough. You’ll want to stop other apps running in the background especially powerful flight apps, litchi, etc. Otherwise you may get cpu overload. If you ever buy the newer Mavics, they use FLY app that requires mini 5 and above.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
I use the iPad mini 4 when using GO 4 on phantoms, mini 3 and below not powerful enough. You’ll want to stop other apps running in the background especially powerful flight apps, litchi, etc. Otherwise you may get cpu overload. If you ever buy the newer Mavics, they use FLY app that requires mini 5 and above.
Thank you very much . . . may not get a Mavic for myself . . . but may do one for my son . . . will need the pad for it when I'm the pilot

Reactions: Capt KO
I personally use the iPad mini 6 with the Phantom 4 Pro. I was using the mini 4 for some time. But with the A08 processor I found that it was barely enough to run DJI Go 4. It did run the program just fine. But I ran across times where the app would lock up. Then I found out that there was programs running in the background. Make sure that there are no programs running in the background. Such as programs as mail, Weather apps and so on need to be closed. I found going to Mini 6 was a great update, as I use it with my Mavic Mini2 and Air 2S as well. I have dedicated the tablet to the drone and use it for nothing but the drones. And it does have cellular on it. I decided to get cellular so I can pull updates and have live updates to me from the internet while flying if I need it.

I personally use the iPad mini 6 with the Phantom 4 Pro. I was using the mini 4 for some time. But with the A08 processor I found that it was barely enough to run DJI Go 4. It did run the program just fine. But I ran across times where the app would lock up. Then I found out that there was programs running in the background. Make sure that there are no programs running in the background. Such as programs as mail, Weather apps and so on need to be closed. I found going to Mini 6 was a great update, as I use it with my Mavic Mini2 and Air 2S as well. I have dedicated the tablet to the drone and use it for nothing but the drones. And it does have cellular on it. I decided to get cellular so I can pull updates and have live updates to me from the internet while flying if I need it.
There we go . . . the answer I fully needed . . . ipad mini 6 with cellular. Some day I plan to move to a mavic as well so it will be good to be ready.

May God bless,
Dwight

There we go . . . the answer I fully needed . . . ipad mini 6 with cellular. Some day I plan to move to a mavic as well so it will be good to be ready.

May God bless,
Dwight
The iPad Mini 6 didn't work with my P4p Version 1. Something about the way data is transferred via USB C which the iPad 6 uses. I tried the recommended adaptor USB C to USB and it still didn't work. It will work with the P4p V2. I took back the iPad Mini 6 and bought a 5. Apple didn't have any 5's, but I found it at Walmart. I had been using an iPad Mini 4, but it didn't work with my new Mavic Air 2s, which is why I initially decided to move to the 6. The Mini 5 works with both the P4p and the Air 2s, Go4 and DJI Fly.

The iPad Mini 6 didn't work with my P4p Version 1. Something about the way data is transferred via USB C which the iPad 6 uses. I tried the recommended adaptor USB C to USB and it still didn't work. It will work with the P4p V2. I took back the iPad Mini 6 and bought a 5. Apple didn't have any 5's, but I found it at Walmart. I had been using an iPad Mini 4, but it didn't work with my new Mavic Air 2s, which is why I initially decided to move to the 6. The Mini 5 works with both the P4p and the Air 2s, Go4 and DJI Fly.
Thanks cneedlelman . . . I already made my mind up to take the bird and controller . . . go to the local Ipad shop and make them show me that the 6 will work . . . Or . . . I'll go elsewhere. Generally speaking they have been good folks to deal with . . . long as they don't get stubborn this time . . . we'll be good to go.

May God bless,
Dwight

Thanks cneedlelman . . . I already made my mind up to take the bird and controller . . . go to the local Ipad shop and make them show me that the 6 will work . . . Or . . . I'll go elsewhere. Generally speaking they have been good folks to deal with . . . long as they don't get stubborn this time . . . we'll be good to go.

May God bless,
Dwight
Make sure you hit record on GO4 as that’s where some issues show themselves.

Reactions: Dwight55

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan