i phone as FPV

Reaction score
I am a newbie :)
I just purchased a phantom 2 with the H4-3D gimbal. I will be using a Go Pro hero 4 black .
I have a few questions hopefully the group can help with...
Is there anyway to use my iphone 6 as the FPV monitor.?
What is the typical range with the phantom 2 and what would you use to boost the range?

Is there any reason why you would want to pfv using your iphone as the monitor? Is it cost related?

Range is 1km based on specs..u can go up to 2km in ideal situation..extending range would require you to change the antenna on your transmitter.

Without fpv you shouldnt worry about range since youll loose sight of it way before u loose signal )

Is there any reason why you would want to pfv using your iphone as the monitor? Is it cost related?

Range is 1km based on specs..u can go up to 2km in ideal situation..extending range would require you to change the antenna on your transmitter.

Without fpv you shouldnt worry about range since youll loose sight of it way before u loose signal )
I just was figuring why spend an additional $300 for a display when i already have an ipone 6+. So yeah i guess i am trying to cheap out a bit. ...Is it possible?

I just was figuring why spend an additional $300 for a display when i already have an ipone 6+. So yeah i guess i am trying to cheap out a bit. ...Is it possible?

Unfortunately not. The wifi on the iPhone operates on the same frequency as the Phantom and can cause interference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Christy
How about a 5.8ghz USB receiver ... I could use my surface tablet maybe?

you can use any device you wish to view the video, the problem is how you going to get the feed to it? Vision and Vision Plus use WiFi, and have a wifi transmitter and receiver.. so even if you figure out how to install a wifi tx/rx.. it'll cost you more headache and money than getting an analog tx/rx system...

if you buy a tx such as immersionrc, and a uno receiver, and a 50 dollar monitor, you are looking at no more than 200 bucks to start off..

you can use any device you wish to view the video, the problem is how you going to get the feed to it? Vision and Vision Plus use WiFi, and have a wifi transmitter and receiver.. so even if you figure out how to install a wifi tx/rx.. it'll cost you more headache and money than getting an analog tx/rx system...

if you buy a tx such as immersionrc, and a uno receiver, and a 50 dollar monitor, you are looking at no more than 200 bucks to start off..

You should stick to asking question until such time as you become far more knowledgeable than you are.:confused: :rolleyes: Sorry if my statement is harsh it was meant to be. o_O

How about a 5.8ghz USB receiver ... I could use my surface tablet maybe?

A decent FPV system will run between $275 - $350. A monitor with builtin RC w/battery would a good start, TX, mini iOSD for telemetry and plug n play cable to connect the TX and iOSD.

Care to enlighten me as to what exactly in my post prompted you to write that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.