I need gimbal tilt telemetry in degrees, not a graphic....

Reaction score
Hey doods;

Does anybody out there know of an app that reports back gimbal tilt angle in degrees instead of DJI's graphic?

Hopefully, this photo makes my question perfectly clear.

DSC01745.JPG

Thanx!

D

Not that I am aware of. The only way to get that would be from the flight data. But that does not do much for you in real time.

That would be a cool setting.
I wish someone would make an app. that would tell you all of the stuff in real time. Or...an app. that runs on a separate device. Y'd in alongside the DJI app.

Ohhh heck...I know what I'm trying to say, I don't know the terms....Flight data in real time on a separate device...... Just for the fun of it!! Maybe there is such a thing...I have no clue!:)

It would make before-and-after, side-by-side video a breeze, the gimbal angle is the only variable ive ever had on waypoint missions. To be able to get it perfect everytime......

Reactions: Per Timmermann
Aircraft tilt and roll in degrees would be nice as well.
Interesting point, but the purpose for that would be? I say that because that is consistently changing value and would serve no purpose IMO, in real time. There would be too many points to accurately do anything with.

Reactions: Erised
Interesting point, but the purpose for that would be? I say that because that is consistently changing value and would serve no purpose IMO, in real time. There would be too many points to accurately do anything with.

When flying at a constant speed, knowing the aircraft tilt/roll will give you a picture of wind direction and speed. More for the long range flyers.

Aircraft tilt and roll in degrees would be nice as well.

The Goggles give real time tilt (and I think roll,too). Its a little guage in the center and the aircrafts orientation is represented by a line

Hey doods;

Does anybody out there know of an app that reports back gimbal tilt angle in degrees instead of DJI's graphic?

Hopefully, this photo makes my question perfectly clear.

View attachment 99245

Thanx!

D

I know this is old, but upon flying my new M2’s ive noticed this telemetry is now available in the Go 4 app. Perhaps if another firmware update is released it could be available to other products as well

A recent update to Litchi now shows the gimbal tilt angle although I almost need a magnifying glass to read it. Regardless, I find it very handy.

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_1538086957.863339.jpg
    IMG_1538086957.863339.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
If it's not too much trouble, can you post a photo of what it looks like?

Thanx in advance,

D

Absolutely. Here are three, so you can see the positve reading upward and negative downward. As well as zero/level.

IMG_1538164294.082217.jpg

IMG_1538164329.411077.jpg

IMG_1538164342.713221.jpg

I looked in GO4 on my Spark and there is still no gimbal tilt angle. Maybe its just for the new Mavics. Litchi however now shows the gimbal tilt angle on both my drones - P3S and Spark. Just wish the icon was as large as the GO4 one for the Mavics.

Chris

Thanx! That's pretty kewl. I guess that would require a software update....<:^/

It would, but its good to know that someone one the other end has some cogs turning! Hopefully this will be included in the next model of Phantom at least, if they arent going to give it to the current one.

Reactions: Harleydude

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic