I need a good tutorial for the fc200 china gimbal

Luap said:
J.James said:
But some of the other issues I ran in to was when trying to add some height to the landing gear.

I used some plastic tubing that I cut and added some layers of electrical tape to make it nice and sturdy.

J.James said:
Then the other freaking cable extender I got even tho they said it was a 4 pole male

I used an old 4 pole male, removed the insulation around it and soldered flexible thin wires onto the tabs. Then used some hot glue to cover it all.

I've attached pictures to show what I mean. Just remember to always disconnect the Phantom's battery when plugging and unplugging the cable into the camera!
Hope this helps!
Here's a video taken with this setup - for the price this is a great gimbal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oT84A91-k4

could you explain how to connect this gimbal? I bought it but I'm not sure how. thx

Check out page 1 and 2 of this thread.

here is a very basic guide on what wires go to were on these things. https://fs11n5.sendspace.com/dl/598ea7e ... gimbal.zip

In a nut shell you need to hook up a power plug to the spot on the phantoms main board were the battery is soldered to the board and will have to find a matching plug that will plug in to the power plug on the gimbal. Red wire goes to the red + battery connection inside the phantom and black goes to were the black - battery wire is soldered to the main board. You will need a 3s lipo ballance plug. I happened to have one like this that I cut in half and used on half to solder in to my main power leads in side the phantom. http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjI0WDYyNA==/ ... 8u/$_1.JPG

once you got that hooked up you have power for the gimbal.

Next you want to take the wire they give you that has 6 wires on it that with the tiny circuit board and the 6 pin header on it. the end with the tiny plug on it plugs in the the gimbals board on the spot that plugs in to. Then one of the short wires they give you with the black 3 pin connectors on each end. Take one of them wires and get rid of the red and black wire on it. (you dont need them inless you are going to power the gimble from its own separate battery) You can use a safty pin to push out the pins on it to remove the 2 unneeded wires. Now take that wire and one end plugs in to one of the rows on the 6 pin header tiny that goes to the gimbals board. (what I did with mine was I ran the wire with the tiny plug end down threw my landing leg and then I hot glued that board with the 6 pins on the side of my naza controller. The other end of the wire that plug in to that header is what controls your pitch from your 7th channel. That plugs in to the F2 port on the naza with the wire you left in it going on the bottom pin on the f2 port. *You will have to up plug the existing 3 pin wire that is already in that spot that runs down to your existing cameras pitch control I Just left the old wire installed incase I ever want to switch back. Once the pitch wire is hooked up you are done. and you dont need to hook up the other wire to the f2 port that controls the roll cause its not used and no way to control the roll with the stock transmitter or the vision app.

IF you hooked up the wire to the f2 port and as long as you made sure to only have one wire in it. If you happen to hook it to the wrong set of 3 pins on the tiny header board the gimbal will end up rolling when you try to work the pitch controll if so then swap it over to the other side of that 6 pin header. That simple hook up guide has it back wards. on what pins go to the pitch and the roll on the gimbal. also as long as you only have one wire in the plug that goes to the f2 port if you happen to plug the other end in to the header up side down you dont have to worry about frying any thing if you plug it in wrong on the 6 pin header. IF you leave all 3 wires which is ok to do. Just be warned that if you plug it in upside down you can end up frying some thing as them other 2 unneeded wires on the 3 pin connectors carry 5volts dc + and - so you can end up hurting some thing if you use all 3 but plug the other end in to the header up side down. So thats why I say just take them right out of the picture being they are not needed and no sence in taking the risk of having voltage were you dont need it and were it can damage things if you make a mistake.

Now once you got it all hooked up go in to the naza assistant in the rc tab and if you have the latest version and firmware you will need to tell it that you have one of the up graded transmitters and it will let you use the 7th channel to contoll the pitch on gimbal. You will also probally need to go to the gimbal tab and lower the -1000 thing on the pitch to about 800 or 900 so it dont try to pitch you camera to far down and past the gimbals limits.

you also may need to either modify your white wire that plugs in to your camera so its a few inches longer so it dont bind up the gimbal when the camera moves. OR find a 4 pin male to 4 pin stereo head phone extension jack meant for a card reader to not only easily extend that white cabal but they also are not as stiff as the existing one and will let the gimbal move more freely. Tho mine seems to work just the same with or with out the extension. Tho I may have a longer cable then some do. DJI made longer ones on the older versions then switched down to a shorter one later on.

Thank you very much, served me much help. but I remained hesitant because you do mention connecting the pitch in F1 and everywhere F2 plug it into the naza.
On the other hand I have contacted the Chinese supplier and has facilidado me two instructions, one being the one on this forum and another in which he describes how to connect with naza. I share it with the compiled units I've done since they sent me in Chinese.
https://mega.co.nz/#!ENxVRDoD!OnL-4fUqJ ... PF6w9ovKPY

ah frig me, I did mistakenly say f1 and meant f2 Its the one all the way on the left side when looking at the side of the naza.
F1 is the second one over. thats for roll control if you have the naza control the roll or if you have a radio with more channels on it to control the roll manually.. I should go edit that so it dont screw any one up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl