I managed to replicate a flyaway...The info may be useful?

Reaction score
I had a flyaway about a month...Luckily I found it by buying another and filming over the suspected area...

Anyway...I now know how it did it and it was a very basic error, which others may have created, or may like to think about...

When I had the original flyaway, weeks ago, I didn't know what caused it...This bugged me.

Today I went out flying, all was good, then I moved along the road a bit and without thinking I switched the controller off. When I got to where I wanted to fly I turned the controller back on and waited for the green lights, all good...

Hit the throttle to take off and all the phantom wanted to do was fall over...In the end it just about managed to take off, about 3 foot off the ground, then went sideways with no input from me. I immediately shut down the motors and it landed.

...I thought it was fluke so tried it again, and again...Each time exactly the same result, *total loss of control...But because it was so low and so near managed to stop it before it disappeared.

*It would let you go up but not really let you go down, and definately not let you go back/forward/left/right.

At the time I thought, oh well thats gameover for today, then I thought, hang on this feels just like when I had the 'proper' flyaway, weeks ago...

Then I remembered, I shut the controller off, just for a few seconds on the day of the 'proper' flyaway!

Sometimes I switch the controller off, with the battery in the copter...Not on purpose...Just when I forget, accidentily...

...I know it says in the manual etc, always switch on the controller first, then fit the battery...I do follow this...But likewise you are supposed to be able to switch the controller off, then wait for RTH, then switch it back on to take final control...In theory, if you try this you may actually risk losing control.

I just thought this info might be handy to know, as it's not often that you get the chance to replicate a flyaway 3 times in a row, lol...

Re: I managed to replicate a flyaway...The info may be usefu

So basically what you are saying is, that don't ever turn off controller when there is batteries in the copter? Nor add batteries without a turned on controller?

It is good to know, to be extra carefull. You can easily tend to forget such things or not follow the manual, because most often there wont be any problem.

Thanks

Re: I managed to replicate a flyaway...The info may be usefu

Yep, 9 out of 10 times, not normally a problem...I was just glad to be able to replicate the issue and pass the info on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20