I know this is kid's stuff compared to what some of you are capable of

Reaction score
But I am kind f an old dog learning some new tricks here...I used to fly small fixed wing aircraft ....years ago...I think that was easier than this....tough keeping an eye on the chopper and the video screen...so here is a video of me out pracicing...learning to add the music was a big step for me, too
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

But I am kind f an old dog learning some new tricks here...I used to fly small fixed wing aircraft ....years ago...I think that was easier than this....tough keeping an eye on the chopper and the video screen...so here is a video of me out pracicing...learning to add the music was a big step for me, too
Congrats on a successful flight! I wouldn't worry about your screen unless you need a reading on direction, altitude or maybe you're trying to line up a shot Keeping the AC within line of sight is always preferred.

Us old dogs are non stop learning new tricks,I know I am.
you just hang in there and you will be as everyone else before
you know it. ??

Only way to learn,love the music,,what's up with the cam,seemed bit jumpy ,,you can adjust gimble speed so when you turn gimble wheel it starts and moves nice and slow ,it might reduce that jumpyness,,I think it called gimble buffer speed in advanced cam settings,have a play in there,,also just a tip I notice on take off and landing the cam in the grass,looks short grass but some can affect the cam and cause some unwanted heating or stress on those little motors,you need a sun chair so you can lye down and watch up or your going to bugger your neck lol,,enjoyed the clip

I remember my first flight (several years ago) and I flew about 20'AGL and 20 feet out and was sweating bullets LOL.. The best way to learn is by doing!

Love the choice of music. Lol!

Thank you all for kind words and encouragement :)?...if I can ever figure out how to end the music with the video.....that will be an accomplishment..I noticed that jumpiness also...I think I may have been just holding the knob for too long...I will be more aware of that...and be looking for the gimble speed control...thank you for that tip @ianzone

If'n I was going to play a nice dramatic tune like "Also Sprach Zarathustra", then I would have preferred to match up those dramatic crescendos with raising the gimbal and getting a more dramatic scene. Perhaps raising the altitude a bit more or emerging from behind a large object with the scene enlarging to match the music. That particular fanfare is called "Sunrise", so you might expect to use that with a similar scene. Most folks think that is just the music from "2001, A Space Odyssey".

I liked the tunes, but by comparison, the video fell short. In this particular case, I would suggest a melody that perhaps reflected peril and the dizziness of the new heights you are going to. If your music over-matches your scenery, your viewers might not leave the video with the impression you wish to inspire.

But those are just my thoughts about the artistic choice of your music. It looks like you have a pretty nice house and yard, too. Show us the whole neighborhood next time, please.

Last edited:
Thank you all for kind words and encouragement :)?...if I can ever figure out how to end the music with the video.....that will be an accomplishment..I noticed that jumpiness also...I think I may have been just holding the knob for too long...I will be more aware of that...and be looking for the gimble speed control...thank you for that tip @ianzone
Under cam settings,drone must be powered up for it to show,,,,,the p3 I sure it's in same location settings aswell
20210415_184622.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember my first flight (several years ago) and I flew about 20'AGL and 20 feet out and was sweating bullets LOL.. The best way to learn is by doing!
Haha yip same and my hands were shaking bad,I thought flying to corner above 3 house from me was a huge mission,now look,the hands still shake ,oh that's the meds lol,all those near missis I had with objects aren't the house,but all this time only one freefall and one entangled my p4 flying past and pulled it into the fence cover with skinny flax,,only snap the prop in half from the flax tangle,Bush was cursed thike a triffid,no crashs since so things do get better,little mishaps makes you better pilot

The more you fly the better you get. We all did "kids stuff" when we got our first drone and had that "heart pounding" adrenaline filled first flight. I remember my hands shaking. I was so scared to lose my brand new expensive drone.

Keep flying and keep posting. That's how you learn. Next you'll be buying some nice video editing software and making movies....

What drone is that?
It WAS a Phantom2+....I had it out the other day and had it about 4 feet off the ground....I was trying to read the altitude and figure out how to calibrate it when it started ascending, going forward and to its right....all very slowly...there was no wind at all...and I had flown it a few times when breezes kicked up but it had held its own quite well...it would not respond to the controls at all....it went on until it hit a small branch which sent it tumbling from about 12-15 feet high...broke 2 props, one prop guard and the camera gimbal..it popped off all together...and is bent...looked around for a parts one, but worried that it would happen again..so considering stepping up ...just not sure what to get....either mini2 or air2....it sucked...but what can you do......it was not a very expensive problem, and no one was hurt...but I am getting antsy to get flying again....just tough digesting all the data on the different ones to make a good decision

Reactions: MTO
It WAS a Phantom2+....I had it out the other day and had it about 4 feet off the ground....I was trying to read the altitude and figure out how to calibrate it when it started ascending, going forward and to its right....all very slowly...there was no wind at all...and I had flown it a few times when breezes kicked up but it had held its own quite well...it would not respond to the controls at all....it went on until it hit a small branch which sent it tumbling from about 12-15 feet high...broke 2 props, one prop guard and the camera gimbal..it popped off all together...and is bent...looked around for a parts one, but worried that it would happen again..so considering stepping up ...just not sure what to get....either mini2 or air2....it sucked...but what can you do......it was not a very expensive problem, and no one was hurt...but I am getting antsy to get flying again....just tough digesting all the data on the different ones to make a good decision
Oh those blooming trees,,sort of dont matter what we fly,those trees are magnetic,,you should be able to get another cheap p2,they are about,,other drones are just more steady nowadays and probably bit easier to fly,its just how much in you budget....myself does like the new air 2 but pretty expensive, selling me phantoms due to personal issues but if they not sell I'll stick with the phantoms,

I am biting the bullet and getting either the mini2 or the air 2....other than price I am having a hard time figuring out the differences...and if I could actually operate one...they both seem a little more involved than the phantom

I am biting the bullet and getting either the mini2 or the air 2....other than price I am having a hard time figuring out the differences...and if I could actually operate one...they both seem a little more involved than the phantom
The Mini2 will allow more locations etc to fly due to it's weight and falling outside of larger drone regulations. Here in CA you can fly it virtually anywhere.
Which editing program are you using to mix video/music?

I found this Add Music to Video — Kapwing their tutorials are not that easy to follow...so I have to figure out how to coordinate the endings of the video and music at the same time...also I have not seen them...the places around here that sell them don't have any on display...is there that much of a size difference between air and mini?...thank you

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31