P4 Firmware I installed the latest firmware on the aircraft & controller but.......

BDH

Reaction score
Now I can't get past the log-in screen....help would certainly be appreciated!
I can "Fly" the drone but I'm unable to access the "Main" control function screen.
I'm unable to get pass the log-in screen....Prompt continues to state: "Network Unavailable"
WiFi is turned "ON" and I've tried several different networks to no avail.
Hope someone will help me.....

Last edited:
Sounds to me like your router is not seeing the monitor. WiFi may be turned on but does it show as connected to your network, it should show your network name.

Reactions: JoBe
Hello my friend....Thank You for responding to my request for help.
WiFi is "Turned On' and "Yes" the network name is displayed. I've tried several
different networks and the controller connects with each one. The controller
connects with the aircraft with no problem and I can fly the drone but like I said
the screen only displays a Log-In screen. I can scan down from the top of the screen
with my finger and I'm able to access a "Menu" with Light-Bridge, Network, Data Storage
etc. displayed and all choices are active and available...but....still can't get past the
"Sign-In" screen. Prompt states: "Network Unavailable" for each Network I've tried.
Any additional ideas or suggestions?

If you haven't already, reset the router if all networks are on the same router. This sounds similar to a problem I had with my security cameras. Is the sign-in prompt for the network and not some other program?

WiFi is "Turned On' and "Yes" the network name is displayed. I've tried several
different networks and the controller connects with each one.
still can't get past the "Sign-In" screen. Prompt states: "Network Unavailable" for each Network I've tried.
Just trying to wrap my head around your posts.
Is this correct:

You are able to see various local WiFi networks on your RC's built in device.
Using your RC's built in device, you are able to connect to each of those local WiFi networks with no issues.

I'm assuming that one of those networks is your main home network.
I'm assuming that your main home network has internet access.

When your RC's built in device is connected to your home network (with internet access), you see a Sign-In screen of some sort.

Is all of the above an accurate summary of what you've been trying to say?

If so, is the sign in screen for the device itself, for your DJI account or the GO4 app, or for some other unrelated app you may have installed?
Are you able to post a photo of that screen?
Are you able to sign in to your DJI account with another device such as a computer or phone / tablet? Preferably while the other device is connected to the same local WiFi network that you've signed in to on your RC's device. That way we know for sure that the network has internet access. I'm asking because some people don't understand that being connected to a WiFi network does not always mean you have internet access. We've had to explain that point numerous times in the past.

Just a side note. It feels to me that more than 9 out of 10 times we see this question with regards to a + controller, it turns out that the WiFi is turned off on the device. From what you've posted already, it sounds like you do know what you're doing and that you're sure the device WiFi is enabled.

Reactions: dronesky and JoBe
Just trying to wrap my head around your posts.
Is this correct:

You are able to see various local WiFi networks on your RC's built in device.
Using your RC's built in device, you are able to connect to each of those local WiFi networks with no issues.

I'm assuming that one of those networks is your main home network.
I'm assuming that your main home network has internet access.

When your RC's built in device is connected to your home network (with internet access), you see a Sign-In screen of some sort.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, the above information is correct!
Byron

To answer your question: " I'm not sure if the "Sign In" screen is for the controller, the DJI Account or the Go 4 app. .
How do I determine which one"?

I'm posting a photo of my "Sign-In" screen as you requested.......

I am able to sign into my DJI account using my Lenovo Desktop Computer and I'm able to access the DJI Go app on my IPhone 7+.
but I'm unable to "Sign-In" with the DJI Controller. The prompt continues to display: "Network Unavailable".
WiFi is turned "ON".

I really appreciate your response....and hope we can continue to work together and solve the problem.
It's been very frustrating and I have flown the aircraft several times without "Signing In" but I have no
DJI Go 4 app to allow me to take photos and videos and do the camera settings etc.

Byron

Forgot to attach the photo....sorry about that!
Drone Controller.jpg

Thanks so much for the information....Yes, I have swiped down from the top of the screen
and I've accessed the controller menu. I've clicked on the WiFi icon and I have no problem
connecting to the network....(I've done this numerous times with several other networks).
But, every time I "Sign-In" I get the following prompt: "Network Unavailable".
The links you sent appear to be exactly what I'm encountering and I'm going thru each one
now to see if a solution exist. You have helped me more than anyone including DJI and I
hope we can stay in touch until the problem is solved. I love flying the aircraft and hope
I can get back in the air soon. Thanks so much, my friend.
Byron

Thanks so much for the information....Yes, I have swiped down from the top of the screen
and I've accessed the controller menu. I've clicked on the WiFi icon and I have no problem
connecting to the network....(I've done this numerous times with several other networks).
But, every time I "Sign-In" I get the following prompt: "Network Unavailable".
The links you sent appear to be exactly what I'm encountering and I'm going thru each one
now to see if a solution exist. You have helped me more than anyone including DJI and I
hope we can stay in touch until the problem is solved. I love flying the aircraft and hope
I can get back in the air soon. Thanks so much, my friend.
Byron
Sir, are you able to respond to the two specific questions in my last post?

Have you already tried using the built in browser in the RC’s device to see if the connection is passing internet traffic?
As has been noted, just connecting to the network does not mean that the connection is passing internet traffic. Granted that most of the time this is not a question and internet traffic is present, but a network connection with no internet traffic is one of the issues noted in several similar posts. DJI support has suggested to others that they use the RC’s built in browser to confirm that internet traffic is passing back and forth from/to your RC. This is actually a widely used troubleshooting step with many mobile devices (laptops, etc) to verify that internet traffic is flowing. Most people just go to Google and search something random which is why DJI suggests the RC’s built in browser.​

Have you already tried to “forget” your home WiFi network on the RC’s device and then reconnect to it?
This was something which helped others who were able to connect to their WiFi network as you are, but the network was not passing internet traffic when they tried the built in browser. Forgetting the network means that the network’s credentials are deleted from your device and you need to then sign in to the network again using the network’s password.​

Last edited:
When I turn on the controller and turn on the aircraft (the two connect with no problem) then I get the "Sign-In Screen" on the controller.
How do I access the "Built In Browser" to determine if internet traffic exist?....... I can't get pass the "Sign-In" screen.

When I turn on the controller and turn on the aircraft (the two connect with no problem) then I get the "Sign-In Screen" on the controller.
How do I access the "Built In Browser" to determine if internet traffic exist?....... I can't get pass the "Sign-In" screen.
I don’t have a + RC, so unless someone who owns one replies all I can do is search here in the forum and search on Google.

You’ve said several times that you can swipe down from the top and get to the menus. You’ve said that you’ve gone there to check that your WIFI is enabled. When you are in those menus/screens, do you see “All Applications” which should lead you to the screen in the picture below. I found the picture in a quick Google search. On that screen is an icon for Chrome which is the standard browser on Android devices such as your RC’s monitor.

BFF4B369-389C-495C-A8EF-33980EB5C846.jpeg

Last edited:
I had a similar issue with my P4P+ thar a friend was able to help by installing a firmware update for the controller he found on a you tube video by “Ready Set Drone” I am sorry but that is all I have

Thanks very much....I'll take a look at "Ready Set Drone" . I took my aircraft to "Friendly Hobby" in Henderson, NV.
yesterday to see if they could help me but they were "Closed" because of the "Virus". I keep running into road blocks
each way I go but I haven't given up yet. I don't understand why I need to connect to the Internet in order to fly the
drone. I've seen other people fly their drone while traveling the highways and they couldn't possibly have an Internet
connection. I do understand that DJI Go 4 is an app. and I have it on my controller but I'm unable to access it.
When I turn the system "ON", I can't get pass the "Log-In" screen.
Thanks again for your response....
God Bless!
Byron

I don’t have a + RC, so unless someone who owns one replies all I can do is search here in the forum and search on Google.

You’ve said several times that you can swipe down from the top and get to the menus. You’ve said that you’ve gone there to check that your WIFI is enabled. When you are in those menus/screens, do you see “All Applications” which should lead you to the screen in the picture below. I found the picture in a quick Google search. On that screen is an icon for Chrome which is the standard browser on Android devices such as your RC’s monitor.

View attachment 117974
I'm unable to access the screen as you have shown. When I click on "All Apps", I get a small drop-down list of apps that are installed on the controller....
and....DJI Go 4 is on the list but when I click "It" , the prompt states it's running and "Do not Stop the App."

I'm unable to access the screen as you have shown. When I click on "All Apps", I get a small drop-down list of apps that are installed on the controller....
and....DJI Go 4 is on the list but when I click "It" , the prompt states it's running and "Do not Stop the App."
So then when you saw the drop down menu of apps, you certainly must have checked to see if one of them was the Chrome browser. Did you and was it passing internet traffic?

Also, you don’t need the internet to fly.

I have done what you suggested and I really appreciate your help.
The "Chrome Browser" is not listed on the drop down list of installed apps..
and I'm not passing internet traffic but I can fly the drone and I have an
excellent internet connection....just can't get pass the "Sign-In" screen.

I have done what you suggested and I really appreciate your help.
The "Chrome Browser" is not listed on the drop down list of installed apps..
and I'm not passing internet traffic but I can fly the drone and I have an
excellent internet connection....just can't get pass the "Sign-In" screen.
So then if you already know that you are not passing internet traffic, have you already tried to forget that network and then reconnect to it? As I explained earlier, this was one thing that helped some with your exact problem as seen in the link I posted on Saturday.

So then if you already know that you are not passing internet traffic, have you already tried to forget that network and then reconnect to it? As I explained earlier, this was one thing that helped some with your exact problem as seen in the link I posted on Saturday.
Yes, I have tried numerous times to "Forget That Network" and reconnect....same problem exist each time.....Unable to "Sign-In".

Yes, I have tried numerous times to "Forget That Network" and reconnect....same problem exist each time.....Unable to "Sign-In".
Okay. Rather than continue to ask you a couple times if you’ve checked specific things before getting an answer, let’s be more efficient and have you tell us what else you’ve done. No need to again list your symptoms since you’ve done that often. Just the additional things you’ve done to try to help yourself. For example, have you tried any of the suggestions from DJI or other users in the link I gave you? What about the other suggestions from members in this thread?

Note, as I said I don’t have a + RC so I have been searching for suggestions on your behalf. I’m going to unfollow this thread and hope that someone more familiar with your equipment will take the reigns for you. Cheers sir and stay safe from C-19.

• Haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic