I haven't flown my P4 in over 3 months

Reaction score
It's sitting in its case in my trunk as I drive around/ work/ live.

I have had other interests which went through cycles like these:
intense obsession > learning curve > abandon > pretext to get back into it again.

Recently completed 2 large work projects and I will have time to enjoy the rest of the summer now.
Looking forward to flying again.

P4 owners: have you upgraded to the P4 Pro or the Mavic or something else?
Have you lost interest in flying?
Still do it as often as when you got it?

Reactions: azgeek
That pattern isn't unusual, I might fly once a week or so depending on weather. Initially I flew quite a few short flights to learn more about the hardware and my own limitations then gradually ranging a bit farther, and for me doing quite a few flights to "map" tree elevations (in a valley surrounded by tall trees). My P4 is sitting quietly on its shelf waiting its next flight. Works for me.

I have had other interests which went through cycles like these:
intense obsession > learning curve > abandon > pretext to get back into it again.

Sounds a lot like me. I haven't flown in 4 months but am wanting to do a bit now. I'm curious as to what others have done as far as SW/FW upgrades since then.

I sold my P4 3 weeks ago. I had a P3 advanced prior. I am waiting to see what happens regarding registration and licensing in the U.K. It's annoying that idiots and ignorants are forcing the governments hand.... I understand the excitement about what the Phantoms can do, re fly high and wide ranging , but common sense is required . I am in Albir, Spain on hol at the moment, and around Noon some idiot decided to fly his phantom over everyone on the beach and fly up the surf line at around 30 meters, then go back. He must have been flying from a side road. Didn't see if he got arrested, probably not, 30 minutes later a small prop plane flew along the surf line towing a banner....... this is why I sold my P4. Idiots just doing what they want, that ruin it for the rest. I understand how people resent drones, as people on the beach were pointing at it, and probably don't understand that even at 30m, everyone's a really small, almost unidentifiable part of the video. But, it drives me mad.... I was always aware of people and the law, yes I would have loved to fly above low cloud cover and see blue skies, and fly 1 mile to my friends house ! I admit to relying on FPS at times, even thought i could see the drone as a DOT in the distance ( over non pop area )... it's difficult at times to not get excited or carried away. Should DJI limit the range as default ? There is no easy answer. If you knew your flight could be monitored, would this help ? Unfortunately there is no easy answer. I am just waiting to see what happens. Might buy another P3 to just to keep in practice, and await spark v2, or mavic V2. When we get zooms onboard, it will change again ! I love technology !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj