I have no idea what happened...

Reaction score
I went for a little flight this morning in above the fog. I flew around a bit and landed. I fired up the motors, and connected to the go app (it crashed when I was landing). Slightly put the left stick up and she wanted to fly to the left. I tried going up some more then quickly thought no because then it would be flying around sideways ant I would loose it, so tried to land it. Well then it flipped over and that was the end.

(Notice my battery did start at 49%. That is because I landed and took off again.)

Flight log:
Airdata
Phantom Help

Those are some very bizarre stick inputs. 1.5 seconds after taking off very tentatively, you reversed the throttle to full descent. 1.5 seconds after that you applied full right aileron, full back elevator and full right rudder. I have no idea what you were trying to do, but I'm not surprised that it ended badly.

DJIFlightRecord_2017-10-09_[09-23-33][1]_01.png

Those are some very bizarre stick inputs. 1.5 seconds after taking off very tentatively, you reversed the throttle to full descent. 1.5 seconds after that you applied full right aileron, full back elevator and full right rudder. I have no idea what you were trying to do, but I'm not surprised that it ended badly.

View attachment 89339
If you read my first post, you would understand what I was trying to do.

I read your post, which only describes using the throttle to take off and then immediately land. It doesn't explain the full aileron, elevator or rudder inputs at all.
How do you think you shut off the motors?? Its called CSC. When putting both sticks to the bottom inside corners (CSC), you are descending, yawing to the right, moving in reverse, and moving to the left.

If you are not going to help, please don't post. I posted for help, not criticism.

How do you think you shut off the motors?? Its called CSC. When putting both sticks to the bottom inside corners (CSC), you are descending, yawing to the right, moving in reverse, and moving to the left.

If you are not going to help, please don't post. I posted for help, not criticism.

But it had not flipped over when you performed the CSC. The CSC is what caused it to flip.

So to clarify - you took off, marginally, landed after 1.5 seconds, and then immediately attempted a CSC?

The CSC did not cause the flip. I did that after it flipped. What caused the flip is it moving to the left while hitting the ground!

I'm sorry - that's not what the data show at all. Look at the graph - it flipped one second after you gave it the CSC.

So to clarify - you took off, marginally, landed after 1.5 seconds, and then immediately attempted a CSC?
Again, if you read the first post, you would know why I landed after 1.5 seconds. In case you are unable to read the first post, I landed because it was moving to the right without me making it

Again, if you read the first post, you would know why I landed after 1.5 seconds. In case you are unable to read the first post, I landed because it was moving to the right without me making it

I understand why you attempted to land. That's not the issue here.

Its not that I can't accept the log, its that you don't understand.

I think I understand just fine. You took off very gently, the aircraft moved laterally uncommanded, you reversed the throttle, it hit the ground and before it had stopped moving you applied the CSC. Whether it would have flipped due to hitting the ground while moving sideways is somewhat moot, since the CSC virtually guaranteed a flip.

If your question is not about the flip, but simply about why it moved laterally on takeoff - that would probably require the DAT file to determine the answer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl