I have a new P4P on the way. What is the best insurance?

Reaction score
Hi, I have a new drone on the way. I am curious if there is in any recommended insurance that you could buy in case I crash. I did purchase the GPS chip that you could put on the throne. Is this worthwhile? Thanks for any recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The GPS chip is good assuming there's cellular service. For compete peace of mind, I would recommend a home owner's rider policy which would cost less than $100, but most likely ~$60 a year. I had a close call with my P4 today. I have the Marco Polo device which works without cellular network, but in cases where bird gets lost in a non-recoverable place (water, location not easily reachable) the home rider policy should do the trick. Best of luck with your decision. Let us know which way you go. Happy flying!

Reactions: clifford88888888
The GPS chip is good assuming there's cellular service. For compete peace of mind, I would recommend a home owner's rider policy which would cost less than $100, but most likely ~$60 a year. I had a close call with my P4 today. I have the Marco Polo device which works without cellular network, but in cases where bird gets lost in a non-recoverable place (water, location not easily reachable) the home rider policy should do the trick. Best of luck with your decision. Let us know which way you go. Happy flying!

Thanks!! I am going to get insurance. I will use the tracker too.

Tbh the best insurance is to read the manual, read all you can about the apps, use the flight simulator, try short flights dont try to do too much at once
Basically take your time to learn as much as you can and become familiar with all the controls and actions
Join a local model flying club there will be people there with lots of experience
Then you will be prepared and the chances of any accidents will be less
Oh and buy some 3rd party insurance (if im uk try bmfa)

Thanks!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic