I HATE MY DRONE!!

Reaction score
I NEED HELP!!!! I got my drone and signed up and did all the registration stuff and my remote was talking to my drone and was able to see on my remote what the camera was pointed at. So 2 weeks go by because the weather was horrible in nebraska. Finally I get a perfect day to take my drone out and i go to turn on the remote and it asked my to sign in. I proceed to fill out the info and it says no network connection. I go to the wifi area and it says my wifi is saved and I hit the corresponding line where my named network appeared and hit connect. Go back to sign in and it says no network. I can't do anything with my drone. I can't get past that stupid page to fly my drone. The best part of it is, is the weather is turning to crap the next week and it won't be another week before I can try to fly this thing. PLEASE help me!!! VERY FRUSTRATED and honestly thinking about selling it. Why do I have to sign in? Why can't I just fly the [Language Removed] thing!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
What happens when you open the web browser on your mobile device and attempt to open a website? Do you also see a message about not being connected to the Internet?

Hello @mike3767 and welcome to the Phantom Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members are from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://phantompilots.com/account/personal-details

Safe Flights!
Allen

What happens when you open the web browser on your mobile device and attempt to open a website? Do you also see a message about not being connected to the Internet?

I'm in my house 10 feet from my router and we have smart TV's, Iphones and laptops and they all work just fine. I don't get it because On the remote under saved wifi's it has my router name and I hit it and it says connect so I hit the connect button and it doesn't say anything about not being connected until I go to sign in. I've tried to reboot it several times.

Mike: Just in case you’ve missed something, I would suggest watching a YouTube video on setting up the P4P from out of the box. If you search on YouTube for DJI Phanton 4 Pro + (Plus) Getting Started by Marionville Multirotors, this is the one I found helpful and detailed. (He’s got a Scottish accent, but stick with it because he’s good.)

I remember hearing somewhere to keep any login name simple - i.e. without the use of any non-letter/number characters. Just a possibility.....

Don’t give up. You’ve got a great drone. And there are some very knowledgeable people on this forum.

Reactions: Texas Gonzo
Mike: Just in case you’ve missed something, I would suggest watching a YouTube video on setting up the P4P from out of the box. If you search on YouTube for DJI Phanton 4 Pro + (Plus) Getting Started by Marionville Multirotors, this is the one I found helpful and detailed. (He’s got a Scottish accent, but stick with it because he’s good.)

I remember hearing somewhere to keep any login name simple - i.e. without the use of any non-letter/number characters. Just a possibility.....

Don’t give up. You’ve got a great drone. And there are some very knowledgeable people on this forum.
Thank you, I'll watch the video. I'm just frustrated thats all. Once I get it going, I'm sure I'll fall in love with it. It just sucks you spend $1800 and you can't fly the thing because of one small thing!!

Have you "Activated" your drone? What you're experiencing sounds a lot like the same problem I had when I got my P4. I had to use another device, install DJIGO4.app then log in to DJI. There was one screen that t pipped up only once fir a shirt brief moment. I clicked on it and followed the prompts and they activated the drone. After that I've never seen the option for choosing my connection. If ya don't have another device, try uninstalling the app. Reboot it, and reinstall it.

I hope this helps.

Just not wanting to overlook the obvious ...Your pad device does have the password to your wifi along with the name of the wifi connection ... ours is of course password protected encrypted like everyone else's....
That being said You can Download and try Litchi app if it connects to your drone ..Then the problem is with the DJI Go app you may have to uninstall / restart pad...then reinstall dji app...I had this problem of bad download...no biggie

If you are uncomfortable with digital technology, or with extensive reading of FAA guidelines, or with extensive review of potential pilot erros on Youtube, or with doing considerable research on where you may or may not fly, then drones arent’ for you. Otherwise, if these aren’t issues, have fun and enjoy the hobby.

Reactions: AndrewCCM
I'm in my house 10 feet from my router and we have smart TV's, Iphones and laptops and they all work just fine. I don't get it because On the remote under saved wifi's it has my router name and I hit it and it says connect so I hit the connect button and it doesn't say anything about not being connected until I go to sign in. I've tried to reboot it several times.

I could be wrong but I believe you need to connect to the drone wi-fi not your home router ??

Reactions: tomtomtomtom

Mike,
As African wildlife said, don't give up because you're probably gonna get a helluva lot of enjoyment out of it once it's up and running. I'm really don't consider myself technologically challenged, but I ran into many of the same problems that you did when I first tried to set up my new Phantom. And I'll admit, it was very frustrating, especially during the first firmware update. You came to the right place because many of us have been in your situation and lived to tell about it. There are a lot of very good folks on this forum who sincerely want to help others by using their knowledge and experience. Stay with it, with help from the folks here, you'll get through it.

i am tired of opening my case only to find another freaken firmware up date and not having it work. I used to have fun with it but no more. i have mine for sale. x2

If you are uncomfortable with digital technology, or with extensive reading of FAA guidelines, or with extensive review of potential pilot erros on Youtube, or with doing considerable research on where you may or may not fly, then drones arent’ for you. Otherwise, if these aren’t issues, have fun and enjoy the hobby.
AMA Flying fields rock! :p

I had a similar problem when I received my quad. I ended up logging into the DJI website on my PC with my username and password that I used when I created my account with DJI. I was then able to log into the DJI app on my tablet and everything worked fine.

Don’t update the firmware. I got that piece of advice from a long time DJI drone master. Seems to be working for me.

I'm kind of wondering after reading this post ...I have never had an issue with updates of the firmware ...But i do the updates through my computer not my zenpad ...i do updates from the computer using DJI Assistant 2 app to the drone and to the zenpad ...because you can install the new firmware or refresh the existing firmware from the app...Just curious if the issue is having to do with the updates from what ever pad you guys are using....You Always must remember to force shut down of any running app that is on other than the one you are using on your pad...If i run Litchi i go to the apps and force shut down of the DJI flight APP and vice versa ...You cannot have both running even in the back round on your pad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94