I *hate* living near the Airport

True. They were lightin' up right there at the little square next to the Pike Place fish market in broad daylight and I guess technically they're not supposed to but nobody was really patrolling...

that's because those amazing Doughnuts are right there....

giphy.gif

plus they have all those pens and vapes now - you can smoke in public and you won't be bothering anyone

I was referring to Seattle, but i guess it's legal now, or soon, in Cali also. LOL

NO FLYING UAVs WHEN YOU ARE HIGH!!!!!

I'll do my best to 'keep it under 500 meters'

;)

Small potatoes compared to living less than a mile from the main gate of an Air Force base. Imagine having to listen to B-52s firing up at all hours of the day and late into the night. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything. I used to love hearing those jet, or watching the T-37's doing their daily training flight path directly over my house. I was born on that base, and now it's been closed and turned into a multi-use facility complete with UPS, FedEx, etc cargo planes coming and going. Point is, it was never so bad that we couldn't hear each other talk or have to turn up the TV. And this was with single pane windows.

This is my area. Two former AFBs, a international airport, and an executive airport. Plus small one off airports here and there:

Screenshot_from_2016_12_20_19_58_56.png

Last edited:
There is a new club in town. Santa Barbara Drone Club.
They are working on associating with RC Modelers Club (therefore AMA).

Security Check Required

(Facebook Site: Santa Barbara Drone Club)

SANTA BARBARA DRONE CLUB

As the number of drone registrations and remote pilot certificates continue to rise, new drone pilots and experienced operators alike must navigate the FAA's UAS regulations in Part 107 as well as an increasing number of federal, state, and local laws that apply to drones and often carry strict penalties.

Join our club to learn about how the drone space has evolved, what important legal matters you should be aware of, and how we can help protect your... freedom to fly.

This club is suitable for both remote pilots and those flying for fun (hobbyists).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl