I had an issue earlier this week!

Reaction score
I was going to fly over my parents' cemetery in part of the memorial services we had for my Dad. The day before and about 15 miles away in Calabash, NC, I charged up the batteries and did a test flight. The system first told me it needed an aircraft update and that happened almost immediately after connecting the P4P to the iPad (it reported it was updated). Everything looked normal and I launched the bird after checking the aero chart (no airports anywhere within 5 miles). The flight was rather unremarkable and everything seemed nominal. The next day I took the P4P to the cemetery and the first sign of bad news was that it reported a medical center with a heli-pad in the vicinity (of course this did not show up on the aero chart). Then the iPad could not find the SSID for a wifi connection (maybe I'm nuts here, but I thought that was a necessity), and when I switch the DJI Go 4 app on it indicated the aircraft was not connected. No matter what I did I could not launch the P4P. I know that I don't fly very often these days, but could a recent firmware update have restricted me from connecting the aircraft because there was this med center/heli-port nearby?

Thanks,
Tom

Then the iPad could not find the SSID for a wifi connection (maybe I'm nuts here, but I thought that was a necessity)
The P4pro connects via Lightbridge - it doesn't use a wifi connection at all.
when I switch the DJI Go 4 app on it indicated the aircraft was not connected.
No matter what I did I could not launch the P4P. I know that I don't fly very often these days, but could a recent firmware update have restricted me from connecting the aircraft because there was this med center/heli-port nearby?
Even if the app would bring up something about the helipad, it would not stop you from conecting.

I recently posted a thread like yours. I could not connect to the iPad or iPhone. To resolve it I would recommend closing all apps, then hard boot the iPad by holding down the home button and the power button until the apple boot screen is displayed. If that does not work then you may need to remove the app and download it again, but I would try the hard boot first.

I was going to fly over my parents' cemetery in part of the memorial services we had for my Dad. The day before and about 15 miles away in Calabash, NC, I charged up the batteries and did a test flight. The system first told me it needed an aircraft update and that happened almost immediately after connecting the P4P to the iPad (it reported it was updated). Everything looked normal and I launched the bird after checking the aero chart (no airports anywhere within 5 miles). The flight was rather unremarkable and everything seemed nominal. The next day I took the P4P to the cemetery and the first sign of bad news was that it reported a medical center with a heli-pad in the vicinity (of course this did not show up on the aero chart). Then the iPad could not find the SSID for a wifi connection (maybe I'm nuts here, but I thought that was a necessity), and when I switch the DJI Go 4 app on it indicated the aircraft was not connected. No matter what I did I could not launch the P4P. I know that I don't fly very often these days, but could a recent firmware update have restricted me from connecting the aircraft because there was this med center/heli-port nearby?

Thanks,
Tom
That was a nice gesture in honor of your Father.
Were you able to fly?

That was a nice gesture in honor of your Father.
Were you able to fly?
I never got off of the ground near the cemetery. I was able of course to take ground-based photos for sharing the scene. The flight was primarily to let my relatives on the west coast, in Texas, and in western PA that have never been able to get to the Carolinas see Mom and Dad's cemetery and their plot.

Did you update the controller?

If you do the last round of updates the 'wrong way around' (Phantom 1st) you might have to reconnect the controller through the app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl