I found a device that fixes battery cells

Reaction score
This is something I never seen before. Looks impressive and with a dead battery what have you got to lose from trying this ?
1524900644728.png
1524900684898.png
1524900688982.png

I think you'll find it's all snake oil Chinese old fashioned BS. Those chargers have no magic powers, they will charge LiPo batteries, but I've managed to get a faulty battery operating again with a standard $25 charger. I only use them on my workbench, I wouldn't trust them in the air. When a cell goes bad it's for a reason and nothing with a something "like a CPU" will make it magically rejuvenate. I'm sire it's simply another case of typical Chinese overblown advertising. Anyway, if it could do what it claims do you really think it would be selling at 11 quid?

Sorry, almost forgot. You do realise that's only the unit on the right. The main part is in the center and it's another story. You have to have all 3. Supposedly you can connect different units in a daisy chain affair. From what I can gather it's basically a power supply, that's why the end pieces (the chargers) are so cheap. You need the Magic Core and the Magic Cube plus the Phantom Cable. Roughly another 150% on top of the price you posted. You can see the whole shebang on BangGood.com

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc
Be interesting to see Solentlife's response to this

Honest opinion ? Its crap !! Sorry but it is.

There is no magic answer to LiPo's going down and especially DJI packs.

A normal LiPo can be hooked to a charger and each cell can be individually receive a boost of straight charge in NiCD mode till it hits 3.0v ... then you disconnect and charge it properly as LiPo ..
But with DJI - that is not possible as the individual cells are not accessible unless you break open the case.

Nigel

While I agree, it does look it is interfacing with the serial port.
Just saying.

I’m not sure what benefit this may be but am skeptical due to the cost and will not accept it can have any effect on the electro-chemical aspect of cell aging or damage.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Actually I've managed to kick some life into packs in which one cell totally refuses to give a charge above 3.7/8 volts. I charged and discharged the pack on only .2volts (point 2) for 6 cycles and it eventually charged to the full 4/2 volts. I ran it on my bench into a dummy load and watched the voltage in each cell, the matched each other perfectly. I then recharged it and again each cell reached 4.2 volts together and it seems as good as new. I'll continue to use it on the bench though. I don't trust them yet. I do find it quicker to pull them down and repack them into whatever I need at the time. I have no troubles trusting them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl