I crashed.

I crashed into a tree about 65' up last Saturday. When it fell out, it landed on one of the arms. It looked much like yours and the rotor brushed the top of the shell. The arm was bent.

I ordered a new shell and got it in Wednesday. Finally got the time to put it back together and today it flies fine. I'd get a new shell and try that first.
Thats great news, kinda! Would you mind sharing where you got the shell?

Now that I'm over it, I guess I could post the video, seeing how everyone else has their crash up. I swear, once I was within 10 feet of those lines it was sucked in like a magnet.

No doubt-- may have bombed the compass that close and caused it to collide with the wire. 10 to 15 meters is the closest I will get to any overhead wire and not even that close if it is high voltage. Sorry about the crash--

No doubt-- may have bombed the compass that close and caused it to collide with the wire. 10 to 15 meters is the closest I will get to any overhead wire and not even that close if it is high voltage. Sorry about the crash--

Thanks...yeah I'm over it now. I've had a good month to reflect on my stupidity. I've learned quite a bit since then and I'm back to being overly cautious at all times.

Reactions: bobmyers
Thanks...yeah I'm over it now. I've had a good month to reflect on my stupidity. I've learned quite a bit since then and I'm back to being overly cautious at all times.
Don't forget to calibrate everything before you fly again. And check the sensors in the app and see what the mod numbers are. Hopefully they will all be normal.

Reactions: bobmyers
Don't forget to calibrate everything before you fly again. And check the sensors in the app and see what the mod numbers are. Hopefully they will all be normal.

Yup..it required more than calibration! I had to replace the shell. I was pretty lucky it landed in fairly deep grass and that it was just the shell and camera/gimble were ok.

Thanks for the tip regardless..

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Yup..it required more than calibration! I had to replace the shell. I was pretty lucky it landed in fairly deep grass and that it was just the shell and camera/gimble were ok.

Thanks for the tip regardless..
That's great the expensive parts were OK. Have you gotten her up in the air yet?

ouch crashed mine today to. Camera/Gimbal mount broke. Just ordered a new one and i have a nice gash out of my shell. I tested everything and hovered cameraless at 30/40 feet to see if she would stay in the air. All appears well but i am concerned about the gash on the shell. I ordered the bracket and anti drop kits. When they arrive on wednesday we will see how she does and if i have to order a new shell. I posted earlier to get everyones advice. Picture is here

http://www.phantompilots.com/media/img_2666.624/

The pic link is broken, says we don't have permission to view this album.

Sorry, about your crash as well.
I do Hope that you get it pieced back, and have a new shell ordered.

RedHotPoker

Sorry to hear about your crash. It sucks.

It doesn't look air worthy based on those pictures. Time for a new shell. I got one on ebay from China for about $90. It isn't that hard to take the thing apart and transfer the guts to a new shell.

Good luck!

I must say when you know the outcome it's hard to watch. I kept saying to myself, " don't do it." Well hope you're in the air soon. Thanks for sharing

Have a look at your flight record and check out stick inputs just before the crash.

Never thought of that. I don't really know how to translate the info well, but here's what healthydrones.com saw. Looks like bobmyers is right about the compass getting bombed. Check out the compass errors at the crash. I knew it felt like I had lost control before even touching the wires. This should pretty well confirm that, no?

edit: maybe not...all those compass errors are just as likely from bouncing all over that wire as anything.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative Flight Data Analysis That Matters

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl