I Crashed my Bike and hit my Head!

Reaction score
Ok, I was practicing jumps on my new mountain bike, and after 30 successful jumps, I thought I was getting the hang of it when I crashed and hit my head. Please excuse the video quality as it was filmed on my brother's action camera and my DSLR was filming in slow motion. It is not the quality that I usually like to post here, but I just thought you guys would want to see what I did to myself. I am super thankful, because it could have been worse!

Click the link below to see a video of me crashing my bike, hitting my head, and breaking my helmet! [emoji2957]

IMG_20190804_194815.jpeg

I did the same, but with worse results. I loved flying through the air with my IT 400cc Yamana. I was doing about 60 over a jump. It felt so good. I just ran out of clear landing space.
That's great ,,memorys yes I'm quite short and ex motorcrosser,one machine was the it465 bored to 485cc,,needed extra gears but used to ride it like ghost rider,turn the throttle and hang on,was so hard on it I snapped the headset gusset, late model bikes after that,,it was a enduro bike but couldn't handle my endurance,,keep off all bikes lately,the healing time to much,,,I recent fell off a kids 2 wheel push scooter big hole above my eye and break a rib,I was trying to find picture of hole in head but unable to locate or I share it,,,@WestenNey I would upgrade that helmet,they not the best to protect face and do move off you head if slide occurs like you did ,take care on that thing,,,,,,I have been searching that why I delete other post cause I not find picture

That's great ,,memorys yes I'm quite short and ex motorcrosser,one machine was the it465 bored to 485cc,,needed extra gears but used to ride it like ghost rider,turn the throttle and hang on,was so hard on it I snapped the headset gusset, late model bikes after that,,it was a enduro bike but couldn't handle my endurance,,keep off all bikes lately,the healing time to much,,,I recent fell off a kids 2 wheel push scooter big hole above my eye and break a rib,I was trying to find picture of hole in head but unable to locate or I share it,,,@WestenNey I would upgrade that helmet,they not the best to protect face and do move off you head if slide occurs like you did ,take care on that thing,,,,,,I have been searching that why I delete other post cause I not find picture
I sold my dirt bikes when I got married. It was my decision but just wanted to settle down a little. My wife and I still rode a street bike a lot. I rode a lot more sensible on it. No riding these days. Too many aches and pains. LOL

Yes, I'm going to get a full face helmet for sure, but the helmet I had on did help with the initial hit, but once I slid it did slide off.

Ya might consider some pads as well as a better helmet. Motocross style, or at the very least, skateboard pads at knees and elbows. And gloves... I used to do the same thing when I was your age. Scars to prove it too. Along with the aches and pains. Protect yourself better than we did, your body will thank you in 25 or 30 years.

Brad

Sorry about your misfortune. I raced bmx when I was a kid and motocross/ harescrambles as well as mountain biking as an adult and I can honestly tell you that mountain bikes are way harder to jump than bmx or motorcycles. Heal up and get back on!

A friend of mine lives a mile from me has a private airfield. He was a professional motocross. We have many of the same friends and use to ride back on the mountain where my family has lived for many years. His name is Pat Carr and he was a professional motocrosser in the 70’s. He must have invested his money well to have a plane and private airstrip. He and his wife have nice candy red street bikes. He is a very friendly and down to earth person.

Sorry about your misfortune. I raced bmx when I was a kid and motocross/ harescrambles as well as mountain biking as an adult and I can honestly tell you that mountain bikes are way harder to jump than bmx or motorcycles. Heal up and get back on!
Wow, I didn't know that! I always thought it was the other way around!

Wow. It's good that everything ended well. It could have been worse.
Well being he hasn’t been on in over 6 months it might have ?

Didn’t he say that he was moving over to the mavic forum?
Sorry been away, he might have but just looked and he hadn't joined or if he did it was under
a different name. But even if he did I would have already spotted him. He has a way of posting I wouldn't have missed.;)

Sorry been away, he might have but just looked and he hadn't joined or if he did it was under
a different name. But even if he did I would have already spotted him. He has a way of posting I wouldn't have missed.;)
Yeah, he a way about him?. I could be wrong about it too, someone moved over to the mavic one ?.

Ok guys Weston did join Mavic Sunday and told em to stop back
in here and say hi. @Weston Ney

Reactions: KachemakDiver
No I actually died in a bike crash.

Haha just kidding.

Yes I’m back on the forums! I have had some pretty bad stuff happen in my life and I grew up a bit. (Hopefully) I was a pretty strange kid as you all know and I hope I am a bit more normal now! I have started a successful video production company, gotten rid of my fun truck to get a Prius, I’m planning on getting married soon and settling down and trying to be an adult. I recently passed 1000 subscribers on my YouTube channel and my business is going pretty well so I’m excited for the future!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31