Humid Air

Reaction score
does the humid air and little wind cause the phantom to drift It happened today and my drone flipped during landing because it was swaying like crazy during the landing

does the humid air and little wind cause the phantom to drift It happened today and my drone flipped during landing because it was swaying like crazy during the landing
Humidity will affect performance but this should not be a factor in control-ability. How much visible moisture was in the air when this happened? Was the drone wet?

Reactions: BigAl07
If the landing isn't stable you can always climb a few feet, let the aircraft stabilize, and then attempt the landing again. If the aircraft won't stabilize the conditions are horrible or there is a problem with the stabilization/control of the aircraft.

Humidity shouldn't be a factor unless you're flying inside a cloud or rain. Wind can be an issue but it takes a LOT of wind to be an issue.

Reactions: FLYBOYJ
The drone was not wet. Today was just hot and humid. There were trees in the area but not where I was doing my flying and landing

does the humid air and little wind cause the phantom to drift

Humid air is less dense than dry air, so maybe the props were having to work harder to get a good bite to keep it stable? Naaaahhh.... jk... when mine sways close to the ground it's usually because I'm too heavy-handed on the sticks, trying to counteract the wind

This happens ALL the time? Or just lately?

You might want to attempt an auto-land and see if it's still swaying.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj