Huawei tablet M3Lite

Reaction score
Hi, I've purchased a brand new tablet Huawei MediaPadM3 Lite for my Pdv, but cannot connect to DJIGO. I've tried a direct download from the official DJI site and from Google Play but none has worked.

Does any of you have a hint on what to do or shall I try to return the device?

Thanks

..sorry I mean my P4A..
I've just picked up a Huawei M3 (not Lite) and started configuring it.
I searched on Google Play for DJI Go and it installed easily.
At first it showed a note to advise Download pending as it was already downloading a bunch of things.
A little later it was all there.
Just make sure you are getting Go 4
Do you have it up and running now?
I'd be interested to know how the Lite version works out.

Hi Meta no I've tried all possible combinations but failed to fix the problem. ..It simply does connect to the RC but not to the drone

Have you tested it ? Is it working OK?
Yes ... everything worked just as it should and without any trouble.
Except that I've run into the new flyer's problem of restricted altitude and distance and can't work out how to fix it.
Signing in and out of the app hasn't helped.
I guess I'll try deleting and re-installing.

**Update**
I tried signing out and in again indoors and it worked.
Took the drone for a proper test flight and the new screen is a keeper.

..well I'm going to.return the device today. The only problem is that this was in the list of possible suitable tablets for DJI and now I'm stuck as I don't know which one could work with my P4A...

Hi Meta no I've tried all possible combinations but failed to fix the problem. ..It simply does connect to the RC but not to the drone
If you have the tablet plugged into the controller and turn on the controller, does it bring up the app (or a box asking which app you want to fly with if you have others installed)?

It randomly shows the box asking to connect by USB but then when I switch on the drone it doesnt connect to the drone...It looks like there's a conflict somewhere...

..Meta which P4 do you have ? I wanna be sure that if I switch to the M3 it will work..

Try starting it in this order

1) turn on drone
2) turn on controller
3) launch app
4) connect USB to controller
5) connect to tablet.

That's the order that only seems to work to make it connect. Any other order and it will not connect for some odd reason. Let us know if that works

..Meta which P4 do you have ? I wanna be sure that if I switch to the M3 it will work..
I have the P4 pro but it shouldn't make much difference.
My new tablet isn't the Lite version - it has a different CPU chip but I wouldn't expect that to affect connecting either.

One thing you could try (if you haven't) is to pull the USB cable out and reconnect to see if that wakes things up.

Dear Meta thanks for your support, I've tried all actions and finally realised that there must be a conflict somewhere which stop the connection. Finally I 've returned the Lite yesterday...if M3 is working fine with your P4 I'm going to purchase one too...

By the way I'm exploring the use of drone for mapping and need to have a stable system including the Apps connection so it is not thinkable to have all these problems also considering that the planner such as Drone Deploy or Drone Harmony has already a conflict with the DJI GO4 app and should then be closed....should there be an hardware issue in addition to all this, it will make the operations a nightmare...

I got hold of one of these recently (about £159 in the UK) - the screen is bright & clear, nice form factor/feel.

It ran Litchi & DJI Go perfectly for my Phantom 3S and Phantom 3A.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to like DJI Go4 (when trying to fly P4Pro) - says 'Aircraft Disconnected' almost everytime you link up. On the odd occasion it does link the image works well (clear, no lag) but I reckon this is about 10% of the attempts to fire the app up. I've tried USB debug options, complete tablet reset with just DJI Go 4,etc. Real shame because the screen image is very clear and bright. I wanted to like this tablet but it's going back.

My phone (Lenovo MotoG4 Plus) runs everything (DJI 4 and Go4, Litchi, Pix4D) but I'd love a bigger/brighter screen.

So far, Lenovo Tab4 8 is the best bang/buck for me.

Just to add, avoid buying from Currys (UK) as they won't allow you to return a tablet that's been configured (even if you keep the box, factory reset). Stick with a 'no quibble' like Amazon,etc

Just to add, avoid buying from Currys (UK) as they won't allow you to return a tablet that's been configured (even if you keep the box, factory reset). Stick with a 'no quibble' like Amazon,etc
Argos were the same price and dont quibble with returns.

Reactions: gingerbloke
OK, update on the Huawei Mediapad M3Lite 8"

I reset to factory, allowed it to update on google and the tablet software updates (EMUI v5.1 and Android 7, build CPN-W09C100B251)
I did not install Litchi or DJI Go (for products before P4)

This process connects me every time - my P4Pro is at firmware 01.05.0600 and DJI Go4 is 4.2.8 (downloaded from GoogleAppstore)

- Switch Tablet on, go directly to Huawei Tools and optimise (clears cache,etc)
- Go into DJI Go4, wait for it to show 'Enter Device' screen
- Plug in USB lead and switch R/C on
- Switch Phantom On, wait for it to be linked to the R/C
- App message says 'Go Fly'

Thanks to Pyscho Andy for pointing me in the right direction on another thread.

Very pleased not to be giving up on this tablet, the screen is excellent/bright and it's also a superb media tablet for TVcatchup/Youtube (great sound).
As someone else said, the power button on the Mediapad M3 Lite 8 means that the tablet sits slightly over on the controller holder, although putting it centrally doesn't actually seem to activate the power button.

I've flown 4 batteries worth with this tablet, it works perfectly, very low lag, good brightness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Technical Bob
that optimize button is useful to give you the most Ram when you use Go4 or Litchi.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl