Huawei ascend xt2/elate rollback

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been discussed but has anyone rolled back the XT2/elate back to lollipop instead of nougat? I read somewhere lollipop is the most stable for DJI Go. Can anyone shed some light??

I apologize if this has been discussed but has anyone rolled back the XT2/elate back to lollipop instead of nougat? I read somewhere lollipop is the most stable for DJI Go. Can anyone shed some light??
I think these stability issues rest more with the device than the operating system. My NVIDIA Shield K1 runs fine on Android 7 (Nougat). Though I've heard of other pilots having issues on different devices. It seems the manufacturers are able to tweak the OS to make it run their hardware and as such, it's never really the same system twice. Unlike Apple which supports only their hardware so hardware compatibility is never an issue.

I've watched "How To" videos on rolling back and it requires rooting your device which is scary to say the least. The instructions are not that clear and intended for people who really understand how it all works.

I ran into trouble with Go 4.x.x when my nVidia SHIELD K1 updated from Marshmallow to Nougat. Trouble meaning I started experiencing lot's of DJI 4 crashes after the OS update, tablet and aircraft were fine, just needed to restart Go 4, but it's still unnerving as hell in mid-flight.

True, reverting back to the previous Android OS is a little scary, but I figured my aircraft and it's potential fly-away liabilities far outweighed the potential of my turning my $200 tablet into an ashtray. Sure enough, since reverting back to Marshmallow (Android 6.1) the DJI crashes went down (maybe 1 in fifty flights, instead of two or three every flight.). The only annoying thing is having to ignore the persistent request to update the system message whenever I start up my tablet, I just swipe it away.

All the best,

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94