[HOWTO] You can finally rename your P3 in Android

Reaction score
as far as I know, until now there has been no option for Android users to change the Phantom's (device) name
well, the time has finally come :)

the important thing was to make DJI GO 4 work with P3 series, which happened few days ago

so the procedure is quite easy:
1. you just need to download, unpack and install patched version of DJI GO 4
2. when you start it, you can fill random characters into login and password and click on [Sign in]
3. when you connect it to the RC and AC is switched on, you'll most probably see that P4 is connected (for example P3A is identified as P4A) - that's good
4. click on [Go Fly] and hopefully you'll see live image from AC's camera
5. click on 3 dots in upper right corner, menu will pop up -> 3rd row from the bottom there is Device Name -> suit yourself ;)

few notes:
- if you use official DJI GO 4, you'll most probably not be able to install this version, so use another phone or, if you really have no other choice, backup your current DJI GO 4 (especially flight logs), uninstall it, install patched version, do the name-change, uninstall patched version and install original version again
- if you intend to use this version regularly with your P3, do a test first if the features you need work
- Google Maps most probably won't work, Here Maps (including offline version) work fine
- updates of both DJi GO and firmware are disabled
- remember that name-change will affect the AC and its future flights only, all previos flight logs will still contain AC's old name
- I don't use DJI GO 3 so I can't say it with 100 % confidence, but I believe that flight logs of DJi GO 3 are NOT usable in DJI GO 4 and vice versa

I did a post on this from last year. Had screen shots too so you can see how it's easily done. Wish I can find the **** thing on here lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl