HowTo get googlemap back with 3.1.3

Reaction score
I drank the coolaid, did the forced update, and now have the "HERE" map back. After all the trouble downgrading to get rid of them a while back. Is there a simple way to get googlemaps back?
Any help much appreciated, Gary

here's what's working for me with my P3S , I get GOOGLE maps if I wait to connect the wi-fi last , don't know if this method could help with PRO/ADV , maybe connecting usb last ? 1. turn on RC 2. turn on AC 3. wait till after camera dance P3S will beep again DDD DDD 4. turn on Wi-Fi connect to PHANTOM 5. start GO APP and I have GOOGLE maps , if my Wi-Fi is on before AC then I get HERE maps .

That might explain why I had Google maps on my first flight on Sunday but later in the day I had Here. Might have done this by accident and didn't know it.
Will try it next time, on purpose tho. Thanks

That might explain why I had Google maps on my first flight on Sunday but later in the day I had Here. Might have done this by accident and didn't know it.
Will try it next time, on purpose tho. Thanks
I ve been trying for a month and a half and think I've stumbled upon the trick , seems that the phantom needs a longer start up before you connect

It is not for everyone, but if you are using Android, and have a rooted phone or tablet, you can sideload an older version of DJI Go which uses Google Maps. Then a small hack disables the forced update. YMMV

It is not for everyone, but if you are using Android, and have a rooted phone or tablet, you can sideload an older version of DJI Go which uses Google Maps. Then a small hack disables the forced update. YMMV
no need for that , you can get GOOGLE maps on 3.1.3 , and everything is stable

kndII, I've tried your tip a couple of times without success, but I think the "timing" is very critical to make it work. The startup is much slower than when I was using 2.9.1, may need to wait longer for "go" to get loaded up before turning on the wifi. I'll keep working with it. Thanks for your input. If you have any more ideas, please post.

I'm still working on the map problem. RC won't connect to the AC unless I have DJI GO set up to start by default when the RC starts?? Flew cautiously for a few minutes today. Very windy. Had two more problems. The RTH BUTTON on the RC doesn't work. I tapped it, and nothing happened. So, I held it down for at least 5seconds,and nothing happened. Hit the RTH ICON on "Go", and it started for home. When it was almost overhead, I tapped the red X on the screen and nothing happened, then it said "landing". Hit the red x again and it canceled the RTH. Whew! May not have made a good "touch" of the red x the first time, but I don't like the fact that the RTH button on the RC is not working. If they messed that up, who knows what else is wrong! Also the camera "seemed" to work, but when I tried to view the video, couldn't find it. Not on the tablet, or the tablet SD card, or the card out of the AC.?? I wonder what price I could get for this Chinese junk on ebay. I'm stuck with it I guess, so I'll keep working on it as long as I can get help from the nice folks on the forums.
Thanks to those willing to share their knowledge and time. Gary

I've done the update to 3.1.3 as well (Android) and had Google maps on screen for my first flight afterwards. Unfortunately it was blank but that might have been due to my location not having a 4g connection. I'll give it some tests after the rain lets up and report back.

Sent from my SM-J700T using PhantomPilots mobile app

I used the method as described. Google maps was indicated as loaded but was completely blank. I switched between all layers with no difference other than the shading, this was prior to motor start. Did an auto take-off and after a minute or two looked at the map and saw it was the Here map again.

I used the method as described. Google maps was indicated as loaded but was completely blank. I switched between all layers with no difference other than the shading, this was prior to motor start. Did an auto take-off and after a minute or two looked at the map and saw it was the Here map again.

need cellular data or Wi-Fi to cache google maps , then you should have google maps in detail , try that next time , I have google maps every time now with data turned off , phone in airplane mode .

It worked. I started the app first with airplane mode in. Then connected it to the Drone and once everything was going I turned airplane mode back off again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170224-185150.png
    Screenshot_20170224-185150.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 371
It worked. I started the app first with airplane mode in. Then connected it to the Drone and once everything was going I turned airplane mode back off again.
RTinTN, Thanks for your help. Would you please post "step by step" the procedure you followed . I would appreciate it. It's been too windy here to do any testing outdoors. Thanks again, Gary

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl