Hows this for a Save.....

Thank you for your support on this !!! All I'm getting is "rookie move", "who flies near 20% battery" kind of comments. I flew this thing many times across inlet's, through forests, and many exciting places. This was different, it totally **** it's pants and flew off 300 feet to the middle of a lake. Not normal. So thanks for having a little faith I knew what I was doing.

What are you bleating on about?
The Phantom returns to where it thinks it took off from... sounds like you may have taken off without the correct GPS home lock.
Switching to ATTI mode will have allowed you full control and you could have stopped it flying out into the lake.. doh!

Anyway... this wasn't your thread to hijack... move along, move along...

Not quite as epic I know, but pretty similar situation

Reactions: freelanceshots
I had this close call, just another day in the air.

Reactions: PhantomOfTheSky
I had this close call, just another day in the air.

Yep u was lucky alright, nice that u managed to recover was this the first case of this u have seen on your bird?

Woo hoo their guy sorry to see you lost your phantom but you just popped in here and hijacked this thread .
He was not replying to you or even talking about you we where talking about the vid posted ;)
Like I said sorry for your loss but start a thread of your own you are now confusing people :confused:
Lol I honestly thought this was the ozzy pilot talking from the vid,,,
Confused.com

yeah thats what it looks like from that flashing red light definitely not a bad connection otherwise it would fall from the sky. . I wonder if it was a defective battery which suddenly drained from 100% to 15% or the pilot was not paying attention
Seems like whenever there is a video like this we all speculate that there was a technical issue with the quadcopter. Maybe he was trying to squeeze every second out of the battery he could and it went into "land now" mode, which has happened to me before. Going into ATTI allows you to regain control and maneuver the quadcopter to a safe area to land.

His 40-yard dash and dexterity on the boulders is impressive! I doubt I would have had the same outcome.

Yep u was lucky alright, nice that u managed to recover was this the first case of this u have seen on your bird?

Yes, for the most part. Once I took my Phantom to Little Rock Arkansas to see folks about 5 hours away. Pulled it out to show family and I did not re-calibrate compass which was my mistake. It flew normal for about 10 sec and then went bonkers. All kinds of trees around and my quad copter was speeding towards everyone of them full tilt with every stick input. I managed to fight it without major carnage and somehow brought it back to me once I shifted it into manual flying mode which I don't normally do otherwise. When this stuff happens one has to remain cool which is hard to do because the effort to keep it in sight and not slamming into something.

At the track that day was 15-20mph gusts and it flew fine for most of the time just up to the end. This track is about 50-60 miles from where I calibrated it at home which shouldn't effect it, but from now on I will try and remember to spin it around to calibrate it.

Also I don't run wifi what so ever. I probably have upwards of 70 flights on the quad, not running any of the recent software updates, and it flies pretty good. It does drift slightly when sticks are at rest but I can manage this.

Give http://usainbolt.com/ a run for his money...
That was sweet and righteous.

And if it doesn't show how much you/we guys who have one, just how deep our love for our quad copters can be? I don't know what else will.

That was awesome.

RedHotPoker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4