Howdy from central Ga. USA

Reaction score
good afternoon everybody. new to here and the remote pilot world. i passed my Airman knowledge test last week and am looking to gather knowledge from people who have been down the road before me.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983
Armory Miss.? i did some Aerial mapping north of there near a little place called "smith" something, it set right on a small river. That was back in the early 80's. we was a crazy bunch of surveyors back then.

Armory Miss.? i did some Aerial mapping north of there near a little place called "smith" something, it set right on a small river. That was back in the early 80's. we was a crazy bunch of surveyors back then.
Smithville, is where we had a F5 tornado hit several years ago and liked to took the whole town. The waterway is right beside it .
Then the old river is there also .

Smithville, is where we had a F5 tornado hit several years ago and liked to took the whole town. The waterway is right beside it .
Then the old river is there also .
Smithville, that was it! we ran ground control for an aerial map for a large flood basin. i remember a large creek that twisted and turned back on its self that was way out in the woods west of there. that was long before GPS. we ran traverses and hard levels all through there getting control points.

That would have been ether Bull Mountain or the Buttahachie ,not sure if spelled right .They cut Bull Mountain in half that ran into the old river for the Tombigbee Waterway .
Be looking like this now .
Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 4.18.02 PM.png

Last edited:
good afternoon everybody. new to here and the remote pilot world.

Howdy back, I live in central Georgia too, west and slightly south of Macon. I flew an aerial photography job two summers in the late 80s, mostly west of I-75, from Albany north to Tennessee line.

You found a good place here for a continuing education on Phantoms... see you around

Howdy back, I live in central Georgia too, west and slightly south of Macon. I flew an aerial photography job two summers in the late 80s, mostly west of I-75, from Albany north to Tennessee line.

You found a good place here for a continuing education on Phantoms... see you around

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Welcome to Phantom Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Congrats on your certification, Fly safe and have fun!

good to hear from a fellow georgian , im near Milner up between atlanta and macon

I haven't been to Milner, had to look it up. Been all around you though - Griffin, Barnesville, Zebulon, and our kids were born at the Thomaston hospital. Nice countryside up there. Friend of mine keeps his airplane at the Thomaston Airport

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl