How would you balance the new P4 blades ??

Reaction score
How would you balance the new blades??

Attachments

• blade 1.jpg
    blade 1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 515
  • blade 2.jpg
    blade 2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 531
You can use a prop balancing rod to balance the props themselves. However, the prop could still be unbalanced by the prop locking system. I'm not sure how possible it would be to attempt balancing the latter.

May not be an issue???

The new internal anti-vib system might be superior to the previous method.

maybe someone will come up with a balance rod that has the prop locking mechanism attached.

Why you think that the locking mechanism would prevent balancing the props? They look to me exactly on equal distances from each other. If the balancing rod fits the threading (which I think will do )
I see the props should be easily balanced

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I presume this question is aimed at those wishing to use non-standard props on the P4. The stock props would already be balanced.

12946182-0F53-41B3-AC8B-6B409A8DE934_zps9xnd2sq0.jpg

I just got the speedy prop balancer and P4 prop balancing rod, they work great! I used 400, 800, 2000, and 5000 grit sandpaper to remove material from the whole blade on the heavy side. The P4 props are very smooth so if you don't have fine sandpaper you can add scotch tape to the light side.

Reactions: Altaman
Every single one of my Phantom 4 props were exactly the same off-balance. The Phantom 3 props I balanced were each a little different than the others but the P4's were all exactly the same

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl