How to shutdown quickly after a crash.

Reaction score
Twice now I've caught a tree branch and crashed. The props were stopped until I picked it up but then they started back up and then I had to fight to hold the thing and go through the land procedure. Is there an emergency shutdown?

Twice now I've caught a tree branch and crashed. The props were stopped until I picked it up but then they started back up and then I had to fight to hold the thing and go through the land procedure. Is there an emergency shutdown?
That's exactly what CSC is for.
i-ZhRNmjb.jpg

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Yes sir, CSC to the rescue. Also used in an extreme emergency to kill the bird in flight should you find it necessary.

Keep in mind that you must release the sticks precisely at the same time, or the stick that "lags" the other will be interpreted as a control action and it will start back up again. That got me once or twice when landing, I didn't get it quite right and instead of shutting down, it tilted, and the props struck ground.

Reactions: gvsukids
Keep in mind that you must release the sticks precisely at the same time, or the stick that "lags" the other will be interpreted as a control action and it will start back up again. That got me once or twice when landing, I didn't get it quite right and instead of shutting down, it tilted, and the props struck ground.
You are aware that the CSC is meant to be for an emergencies only, not a normal landing. The left stick all the way down is for a normal landing.

Reactions: Pharm
Just a helpful suggestion, since you've hit a tree branch more than once now it would seem you're flying too close to the trees. The last thing you want happening is to get hung up in a tree top one day.

Reactions: RodPad
You are aware that the CSC is meant to be for an emergencies only, not a normal landing. The left stick all the way down is for a normal landing.

Yeah, part of the newbie learning process. :)

@Bruce Hammond Yes welcome to the forum!

As @wmcvey said "you're flying too close to the trees." :rolleyes:

To all, except @wmcvey :D

Why would his props not be turning? All four can't be hung up.

If there are actually not turning, you could power off the battery, or pull it if needed, if it could be done safely of coarse.

But most important, I have had a terrible time using the CSC for powering it off. I use all the time for powering it on.

To learn how to do it, I final took the props off. until then I kept cutting grass not the branches.;)

Rod

Quick tips:

1. Use CSC to start motors from standstill or during emergency when you want to kill the motors dead during flights.

2. Never raise speed slowly during taking off. Raise height quickly to about 10'

3. Use left stick straight down while landing when you are very close to the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Don't underestimate the value of the left stick down. It will stop motors when landing and also stop motors when dangling from a tree branch after a crash! CSC is a nice emergency stop, but sometimes the AC does strange things on a CSC, especially when it's upside down. People have posted that the motors keep spinning and the props dig into the ground when upside down on a CSC. Doesn't make sense, but that's what they say.

One thing I'm not completely sure of is what the AC does when it's upside down on the ground and left stick is held down. And I'm not interested in experimenting to find out. Anybody know...?

I no longer have a P3 but why can't you and a friend just hold it upside down and test it?

Just a thought.

I do recall reading long ago about the P2 having some sort of shut-down, etc., built-in if it exceeded 70 deg. tilt but yet there are lots of vids of them tumbling with power.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl