How to respond to people asking you to not fly or fly in your space

This probably shows my novice skills but at 70/80m up people look like ants so not much to see from my point besides the landscape and horizon [emoji327]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hi guys, I'm a newbie and loving my P3A. How is it best to handle a person who does not want you to fly in "their" space? I was flying in a large park in the UK with not many people and was asked by a person to please keep my bird in my space. As this was my first time ever questions I said ok and stuck pretty close to home.

Any thoughts welcome ..

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Hahah I'm from the UK too I just tell them to get lost no one owns the airspace.

Reactions: Tommymonkey
The average Joe thinks we can Zoom the drones camera in & get detailed shots of them, like, cooking burgers!
I did resort to showing a very disgruntled couple, that were walking through park, the view on my monitor. The wife said- We look like ants!
Most people, once they see what the drone sees, seem to settle down.

The average Joe thinks we can Zoom the drones camera in & get detailed shots of them, like, cooking burgers!
I did resort to showing a very disgruntled couple, that were walking through park, the view on my monitor. The wife said- We look like ants!
Most people, once they see what the drone sees, seem to settle down.
True statement even a cell phone camera does more than these drones.

Yeah I read that .. All stadiums are a big no no .. That and the queens parks and built up areas and populated areas and and and .. I wish there was an website/app that had places that you can fly !! Thanks [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi yes there is an app its called drone zone and you can see recomended places to fly and you can post your places too. Its still quite a new app so the more people use it the better it will be.

The best time to fly is early morning so you dont get drone hating people telling you about a law they nothing about plus you can get some nice shots at dawn.

I was out flying the other day and this old man in his 60's walks up and starts shouting. "Your invading my privacy you pervert!" I wasn't sure if it was intended for me so I signaled for him to come closer with the I can't hear you gesture. Old man walks up gets in my face and says "Your drone, get that the hellz out of my yard!' I knocked him to the floor and everybody walks the dinosaur.

Here in the UK ALL new hobbies and sports that are a bit different seem to bring out the negative in people, I don't know if it's really that they wish they were doing it. I remember back in the 60s people here said Surfing should be banned, then Hang Gliding and Jet Skiing and kite surfing and skate boarding etc etc. just be polite and and keep your thought to yourself (even if you are biting you lip so hard it's bleeding). I suppose it's just a case of being considerate to the full, we have the media to thank for that and public liability claims. Ususally they are just 'sad *** people.

Here in the UK ALL new hobbies and sports that are a bit different seem to bring out the negative in people, I don't know if it's really that they wish they were doing it. I remember back in the 60s people here said Surfing should be banned, then Hang Gliding and Jet Skiing and kite surfing and skate boarding etc etc. just be polite and and keep your thought to yourself (even if you are biting you lip so hard it's bleeding). I suppose it's just a case of being considerate to the full, we have the media to thank for that and public liability claims. Ususally they are just 'sad *** people.
Here in the UK anything that is dangerous = Ban bloody Nanny state no wonder why many people here are depressed boring sad people.

Reactions: Samuel Quinn
Maybe in years to come the local councils will provide areas for us droners to fly in peace much like they've done with skate parks to keep the kids away from city centres wrecking steps and handrails, OK wishful thinking and it would need to be out in the sticks but any council that did it would get plenty of thumbs up from both camps me thinks

Maybe in years to come the local councils will provide areas for us droners to fly in peace much like they've done with skate parks to keep the kids away from city centres wrecking steps and handrails, OK wishful thinking and it would need to be out in the sticks but any council that did it would get plenty of thumbs up from both camps me thinks
Parks and flying fields are great for planes. They fly a pattern ..do takeoffs and landings and stunts in the air. That's the main reason they fly planes. They try to perfect their skill. I think people that get quads get them for the flying camera thing. Quad pilots don't
seem to care about flying skills. They want to fly in new places and shoot video. They would not want to be restricted to a park or RC field shooting the same video time after time. Quad racing is another thing. I bought my Phantom to shoot video and take pictures...My planes are much more fun to fly and take more skill to fly. Two different types of aircraft and different reasons on how I use them. I would not really care to be restricted to a RC field to fly my quad in circles.That gets old real quick. JMO

Reactions: Myetkt and dirkclod

I wish I could like this 100 times because there it is right there, people just don't think when they complain about 'their privacy' or peeping tom or pervert this that and the other, this is the picture we all need to print off, laminate and keep in our case for times when we get approached and accused of spying

Reactions: Mikepoo
I wish I could like this 100 times because there it is right there, people just don't think when they complain about 'their privacy' or peeping tom or pervert this that and the other, this is the picture we all need to print off, laminate and keep in our case for times when we get approached and accused of spying
I keep that and a couple others in my phone. They are fun to share. Lots of videos too.
Here is my favorite...

I had a old guy set his dogs on me for taking pictures of a woodpecker on a tree in the forest at 6am with my SLR. He called me a pedo and a pervert cos i had a big 300mm lens on my camera. There were no other people or children around. Its not us drone pilots that are a danger its the crazy people out on the loose.

Under those circumstances I feel that although nothing much would have been done you should have reported the matter to the police as that is threatening behaviour. He could go on and use the same tactics on a child playing outside his house and the dogs may have harmed the child. then the dogs would WRONGLY be in trouble, but there would be a record of him doing the same before.

Reactions: Ron Burgundy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl