How to register a pre-owned P3P with DJI?

Reaction score
Just bought a P3P (about 6-months old) from a previous owner. Should I re-register the quad with DJI? If so, how is that done? (...don't see anything on their site) and what would be the overall advantage? (warranty? ID protection?, etc)

All you need to do is register the quad in DJI GO.

All you need to do is register the quad in DJI GO.

So, if I can login on DJI GO, I've already registered? I don't see anywhere else to register the quad on DJI GO. Also I was never asked for type of Phantom, serial #, etc, or does that info migrate over when I first connect the P3P?

DJI GO should have asked you to give your Phantom a name and setup some basic settings. There is no registration process where you submit the serial #, etc.

DJI GO should have asked you to give your Phantom a name and setup some basic settings. There is no registration process where you submit the serial #, etc.

...pardon all the noob questions, but that seems odd. If I call them with a problem and they ask if I'm registered, all they have is my name, country and what appears to be basic flight records. (...I don't have a name for the quad, but if I did give them a name, it's not in the profile or settings)

How would they know this quad is registered to me and not the previous owner?

I was assuming the DJI GO app would see it's not registered to you when you attempt to connect it. Did you fly it yet? If so, what happened the first time you tried to use it in DJI GO?

I was assuming the DJI GO app would see it's not registered to you when you attempt to connect it. Did you fly it yet? If so, what happened the first time you tried to use it in DJI GO?

I'm in the mid Atlantic...too cold to fly right now. But I've ground tested it w/o props and it connects and behaves like it should (...motors spin at variable rate depending on input) Maybe the previous owner didn't register?

Last edited:
Watching with curiousoty as I may have a P3A to get rid of soon. Curious if you can un-register one? And what the new user has to do to register this one.

...pardon all the noob questions, but that seems odd. If I call them with a problem and they ask if I'm registered, all they have is my name, country and what appears to be basic flight records. (...I don't have a name for the quad, but if I did give them a name, it's not in the profile or settings)

you are a new user if you think you are going to call and get an answer!

seriously though don't worry about any of that It will all work out if you have need for help.

good luck and have fun flying!

Bump... a friend of mine just bought a used P3S.

Clearly, the drone would have been registered by the original owner upon first startup.

My friend would like to re-register it to himself.

I was able to connect and test the drone with both my phone and tablet since the original owner never renamed the drone from default nor changed the password, so flying was no problem, but that drone is still registered to him.

Anyone know if/how the original registration info can be changed?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga