How to obtain a commercial license?

I agree the part 107 test is very difficult. I got a 92 and the examiner said that was the highest score she scored at that testing center. I also took the remotepilot101 course. Was well worth the money.
Congratulations. I almost feel that every drone operator should get their certificate, even if they have no intention of going commercial. I'm sure many operators have no idea how little they know!

Congratulations. I almost feel that every drone operator should get their certificate, even if they have no intention of going commercial. I'm sure many operators have no idea how little they know!

Agreed. I think at some point it will come to that, maybe a system of "tier certification", depending on what you plan to do with your drone,

Lets make it a little more complex. If you're in North Carolina, and want to get your part 107, you have to pass a NC DOT exam also.

Lets make it a little more complex. If you're in North Carolina, and want to get your part 107, you have to pass a NC DOT exam also.

NC has had this requirement for a couple of years now. The FAA even commented in a webinar that some states also require licensing and mentioned NC specifically.

NC has had this requirement for a couple of years now. The FAA even commented in a webinar that some states also require licensing and mentioned NC specifically.
Thanks for the info; I did not know that. I have had my FAA certificate for several months now and I just took the NCDOT test online and passed. You are able to download and print the NC Commercial UAS Oper

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks for the info; I did not know that. I have had my FAA certificate for several months now and I just took the NCDOT test online and passed. You are able to download and print the NC Commercial UAS Oper

We're glad it worked out for you.

Congratulations!

This entire license issue might be something N017RW and other commercial or ATP pilots might want to address. A violation from a drone situation might be carried on your "other business" side of your ticket...just a thought

Reactions: BigAl07
This entire license issue might be something N017RW and other commercial or ATP pilots might want to address. A violation from a drone situation might be carried on your "other business" side of your ticket...just a thought

This is very true. Depending on the infraction, the severity, and the intention of the operator it "could" affect your other FAA Flight Credentials. For example a DUI flying a drone could carry over into your PL like getting a DUI in your personal vehicle could cause you to lose your CDL's.

Reactions: FLYBOYJ

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z