How to get P3 to land at last waypoint using Litchi.

As I stated earlier, the Go app is not open or running during Litchi waypoint mission.

Ok, I have just completed some experiments.

Using waypoint mode in Litchi, failsafe set to RTH using Go (which transposes as signal loss behavior for manual flying in Litchi) Straight turns and controller switched off mid mission (to simulate controller signal loss) I tried the following finish actions.

1. None. Result RTH
2. RTH. Result RTH
3. Land. Result RTH
4. Back to 1. Result RTH
5. Reverse. Stopped and hovered at last waypoint.

Using waypoint mode in Litchi, failsafe set to Hover using Go (which transposes as signal loss behavior for manual flying in Litchi) Straight turns and controller switched off mid mission (to simulate controller signal loss) I tried the following finish actions.

1. None. Result Hover
2. RTH. Result Hover
3. Land. Result Hover
4. Back to 1. Result Hover
5. Reverse. Stopped and hovered at last waypoint.

So it would appear that the P3 goes into failsafe mode at final waypoint with all finish action's except reverse.

This raises another question, why is it not doing the waypoints in reverse? Possibly same issue.

When controller signal is present the P3 behaves precisely as expected, so it would seem to me that controller signal is necessary at final waypoint for finish action to be executed.

Not exactly autonomous is it...

Unless anyone has any idea or solutions (I have emailed Litchi and stll waiting on a response) the next thing to try is to disable smart RTH in Litchi.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Disabling the smart RTH made no difference as expected.

Footage showing the RTH at final waypoint despite mission action set to land....and the eventual crash.

Last edited:
Edit that down to the last 20s and it's a great video, I almost put my hands over my eyes with the near misses and then crash...

Edit that down to the last 20s and it's a great video, I almost put my hands over my eyes with the near misses and then crash...

Haha thanks, Im so glad there was still plenty of battery life and streets nearby were close enough to the flightpath to allow me to regain connection and locate it. But for 20 mins or so I had resigned myself to it being lost.

I had a close call with a snake retrieving it but thankfully the damage was limited to one prop. Yay!!

Haha thanks, Im so glad there was still plenty of battery life and streets nearby were close enough to the flightpath to allow me to regain connection and locate it. But for 20 mins or so I had resigned myself to it being lost.

I had a close call with a snake retrieving it but thankfully the damage was limited to one prop. Yay!!

Did you offer to pay the home owner for any damage to the solar panel?

As far as crash videos go that is one of the best I have seen, with a happy ending anyway.

This message just came in from a tech at Litchi.

Hi,

Unfortunately this is the way the DJI firmware will react in such a situation. That is not something we can change on our end.

This message just came in from a tech at Litchi.

Hi,

Unfortunately this is the way the DJI firmware will react in such a situation. That is not something we can change on our end.

Yup. As I said that is probably something DJI did on purpose to avoid using Phantom for EZ mode smuggling.

Whatever the reason, RTH at last waypoint was totally unexpected as I had "LAND" set and saved as the finish action for the mission and I took Litchi's advise that the RTH function is disabled during a mission, so hopefully Litchi will warn P3 users of this anomaly soon before other Phantom pilots fall into the same trap as I did.

Anybody either by accident or on purpose had waypoints apart greater than 2000 meters? The manual says that is the maximum distance you can have. There are no warnings when accidentally having them further apart. So I wonder what happens when you run a mission with one or more too far apart?

Anybody either by accident or on purpose had waypoints apart greater than 2000 meters? The manual says that is the maximum distance you can have. There are no warnings when accidentally having them further apart. So I wonder what happens when you run a mission with one or more too far apart?
actually, if the waypoints are too far apart, the mission won't start and you get a "distance too far" type message.

Reactions: BillW50
Same results with controller switched off (to simulate out of range).
No distance limit, this is simply a case where the DJI firmware overrides the Litchi software. Litchi can't do anything about it.

I know this is an older thread - but does anyone know if there has been any change to the Phantom behavior if the radio is disconnected during the "Land" after mission action?

I have a P4P and the behavior is the same. If radio contact is disconnected at any point during the "Land" after mission action, then the P4P will execute the RTH sequence. As noted above, changing the "Smart RTH" (in both Litchi and DJI interfaces) has no affect on the behavior. Are there any alternative software packages that can execute the land action?

I guess a workaround would be to add waypoints at sufficiently low AGL altitude to permit mid-air retrieval by an assistant, but that is not certain enough.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor