How to get new onboard WIFI module to talk to range extender?

Thanks for that info and I will follow up on it.

Did a little flying this evening since the wind has finally settled down. Lo and behold, the video downfeed to my iphone worked great! Happened to be about 60F temperature wise. Only thing I can figure out was the cooler weather let the video work.
This somewhat corresponds to the freezer test that allowed the video to work until the bird warmed up.
May have to make a little access door to slide in a piece of dry ice before each flight. :)

Last edited:
I did return the module to USHobby. I notided the picture on Helipal shows the old version, however, without the cooling holes. I did drill cooling holes in my original case so could exchange cases and install the new boards, I guess.
It's unfortunate that these modules are priced so high. Can't help but wonder if they could sell a lot more at half the price. But, then again, the supply may be very limited.
DJIPVP-03 DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Wifi Signal Transmission Module

Last edited:
Before I bought from helipal I asked them about that, they sent me a pic of what they had and it's the new one with the holes. Mine arrived and it is the upgraded one that we need. Havn't installed it yet as I plan to do a preventive arctic silver treatment to it first.

Thanks for the info! Keep us posted please. I have a Phantom 3 ADV on its way but would like to keep the PV2+ for the wide angle shots.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik