How to downgrade DJI GO4 Firmware ..?

Reaction score
Greetings Pilots.! .. Any of you know how to downgrade the DJI GO4 App on IOS. ?… I found a video on YouTube where they explain how to do it but it is a video from 3 years ago and uses a program called Charly Server, iTunes with an old version and a list with the numberings associated with each DJI GO4 Firmware… I tried to do it described in the video but I could not achieve it, since the versions used are very old ... Do any of you know how to do it with updated programs? Thanks .!

Attachments

• 816793A8-1F20-40AB-8B73-14B9AF544B55.png
    816793A8-1F20-40AB-8B73-14B9AF544B55.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 174
  • 782EE149-FED8-4E11-8928-38AE862507B4.png
    782EE149-FED8-4E11-8928-38AE862507B4.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 146
  • 8F53BECF-8893-4A3B-AC6B-485C7C97CE72.png
    8F53BECF-8893-4A3B-AC6B-485C7C97CE72.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 147
Drone-hacks.com has an app to roll back firmware for many drones currently and formerly on the market today. Some of their programs are a bit pricey, but they do work.

Haven't had any problems with the last one offered. Old but works, don't know what you expect to gain.

I want to download the version of some of my Drones… If I want to download the version of the DJI GO4 App… on my IPhone and IPad… hence the consultation with the community… I am evaluating options to be able to do so… I will give you the comments once I try to see how I'm doing. Greetings.

If you can, just install the new battery while doing a firmware update (same firmware just update) it will update the battery as well. Have to repeat with each battery. Battery will blink when it updates to latest fw. If old firmware is listed in Assistant 2 you can roll back from there.

No limit dronz rolls back certain firmware to free your bird from altitude limits,NFZ’s, and let’s you adjust flight parameters to speed up or slow down your aircrafts speed,best $50 I ever spent.

Reactions: Harleydude
Your original post needs clarification.

* Rolling back the Go4 app has nothing to do with firmware.
* Rolling back firmware has nothing to do with the Go4 app.
* One doesn't roll back iOS apps. One uninstalls them and then installs the older (legacy) versions.
* Depending on which drone you have (which hasn't been mentioned), will determine the roll back regimen. Without knowing which drone you have, no advice can be given.
* Though I haven't used No Limit Dronz, I've heard many good things about that company and may ultimately use them someday. That may be a good route for you.
* Installing an older version of the Go4 app requires legacy iOS versions (which may require the purchase of a legacy iPad) and requires legacy iTunes (v12.5.4.42 is my recommendation).
* The program you are referring to is "Charles Proxy," and is what I used to download legacy .ipa files.
* Legacy programs are account-bound. So you can't share them. Unlike a Windows executable files, an iOS .ipa file is signed to the user. So I can't share my .ipa files unless I'm also willing to share my Apple credentials - which I am not.

I hope this at least gets you on the right track.

D

Reactions: brigerdrones

* One doesn't roll back iOS apps. One uninstalls them and then installs the older (legacy) versions.
* Depending on which drone you have (which hasn't been mentioned), will determine the roll back regimen. Without knowing which drone you have, no advice can be given.
* Though I haven't used No Limit Dronz, I've heard many good things about that company and may ultimately use them someday. That may be a good route for you.
* Installing an older version of the Go4 app requires legacy iOS versions (which may require the purchase of a legacy iPad) and requires legacy iTunes (v12.5.4.42 is my recommendation).
* The program you are referring to is "Charles Proxy," and is what I used to download legacy .ipa files.
* Legacy programs are account-bound. So you can't share them. Unlike a Windows executable files, an iOS .ipa file is signed to the user. So I can't share my .ipa files unless I'm also willing to share my Apple credentials - which I am not.

D

Hello Harleydude… Thanks for your comments. About outdating the Firmware of my Drones ... maybe I did not know how to express it, but the truth is not what I am looking to do, I have three teams, an Inspire 2, Phantom 4Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom, which are working perfect. What I need is to download the version of the DJI GO4 App that I have installed on my IPhone and my IPad, on both devices I have version 4.3.42 installed and I want version 4.3.41 or 4.3.40. I have looked for other ways to do it in addition to the one you have already described to me and that is by using the AnyTrans program in conjunction with ITunes. I haven't tried it yet as my shift work hasn't allowed it, so I'll try to do it in the next few days. If you have more detailed information on how to do it with the method you described in your post, I will appreciate it, my email [email protected]. Greetings

Hello Harleydude… Thanks for your comments. About outdating the Firmware of my Drones ... maybe I did not know how to express it, but the truth is not what I am looking to do, I have three teams, an Inspire 2, Phantom 4Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom, which are working perfect. What I need is to download the version of the DJI GO4 App that I have installed on my IPhone and my IPad, on both devices I have version 4.3.42 installed and I want version 4.3.41 or 4.3.40. I have looked for other ways to do it in addition to the one you have already described to me and that is by using the AnyTrans program in conjunction with ITunes. I haven't tried it yet as my shift work hasn't allowed it, so I'll try to do it in the next few days. If you have more detailed information on how to do it with the method you described in your post, I will appreciate it, my email [email protected]. Greetings
In a nutshell, one can't just download legacy .ipa files. You have to steal them....<:^/ The good news is that they're all on the Apple servers. The bad news is it's a hack to get them. Do a YouTube search for "Charles proxy go app" and that will probably get you in the ballpark. It's not easy and it's not an exact science. Because computers and their environments have so many variables, what works for some doesn't always work for others. So you're just going to have to dive down the rabbit hole yourself to get the files. I already gave you a big jump with the iTunes version, which you will have to find on your own. And I also gave you a shortcut telling you that you may have to use a legacy iOS....and a legacy iPad. At least now you're cognizant of these variables - which I had to learn the hard way and discover all on my own.

D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20