How to connect error, flashing green LED on P3A Remote GL300B

Reaction score
I got this phantom 3 advanced from my boss, he let his son fly it a couple times and then it sat in the pole barn. I charged it up, installed the app, updated firmware on the drone but no matter what I do I cannot get past the "How to connect" section in the app. I've tried older phones, newer phones, several tablets, debugging mode / midi mode, etc. I've been searching and searching but nothing seems to have fixed the problem. After updating the firmware on the drone I did connect the memory card to the RC and it appeared to be updating but would then make the failed update sounds. I have no clue what firmware the remote is on as I cannot connect my phone to it.

Was anyone ever able to figure this out? I linked the aircraft to the remote and after powering both on the rear lights on the aircraft flick green but the led on the remote does not stay solid green, it flashes, slowly. Firmware mismatch? Even if that were the case shouldn't I be able to connect my phone or tablet to the remote? Any help is appreciated, otherwise I'll assume it is a paperweight, which is a shame because it came with multiple, unused batteries, props, accessories, nice big carrying case.

Thanks.

Update the firmware on the remote using the DJI go app. Sounds like you have a firmware mismatch. Then follow the relinking process for the remote and the drone.

that's the problem, I can't get the app to connect to the remote, hence the title of this thread, "how to connect" error.

Sorry I misunderstood. Its possible the USB board on the remote is bad, it does happen. Or you could ve using a charger only USB cable to connect your device to the remote with no data connection. Try a different USB cable.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
I've tried all options, its not a charge only cable. It's strange because when I connect a micro USB reader with firmware on it it tries to update, same as when I connect the rc to the camera with a cable.

Cheddarman - yes , I have done the relink procedure many times and it relinks fine, I still cannot connect any device to the remote and have it "connect' and the green light on the remote is green but not solid, it flashes.

Then I would suggest the USB port has possibly got a (fairly common) loose connection, dry joint.
Quite easy to check, remove the four small T6 Torx screws and check the four soldered connectors coming off the USB port. Re solder just to be sure.

IMG_7834.jpg

Once you have the cover off, carefully disconnect the three ribbon cables, one large one and two small ones, then undo the Philips retaining screws and the PCB will come off. Check the soldering of the USB onto the PCB for any signs of cracking - re solder anyway just in case!

IMG_7835.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, I'll take it into work today and get it apart and see how it looks. I noticed there are both standard and micro usb ports on the back here, do both ports do the same thing? I.e., if one failed could you use a different cable and use the other?

According to the manual:

Mircro-USB Port - Connect to a SD card reader to upgrade the firmware.

USB Port - Connect to mobile device or to a USB port for firmware upgrade.

which to me is a bit confusing to say the least?

ok here is my update :

I have two of these drone packages now (DJI Phantom 3 Advanced). Both were given to me. One works perfectly, I put my tablet on the remote, connect the cable, power the remote on and the app launches and away I go, app instantly says 'Remote Connected'.

Other unit does not work (see initial post), firmware update didn't take or some other issue. When I do the exact same procedure with that one, connect tablet and fire up the remote, nothing. The app does not launch, nothing. I can launch the app myself but it never says "remote connected" like it does on the working unit.

I swapped the small usb control boards from the backside of the remotes to see if that was the issue, it was not, it did not change anything.

Any clues as to what I might try to get this remote working? Can it be hooked to a computer to see what is going on with it?

thanks in advance,

Lawrence

**add .. I have tried all the different settings in android btw, this tablet does work perfect with one unit.

OK so I performed the link procedure you posted earlier (#13 from a different post). The aircraft and the remote linked. The green light on the remote blinks every 2 seconds. I can spin the wheel on the left side of the remote and it will tilt the camera all the way down or back horizontal. Left stick moves the camera left and right a little bit either way, other than that, nothing else. I cannot spin up the motors. Light on the drone is solid green, two led's on rear two arms are flashing red/yellow.

**OK so the flashing red and yellow means it needs it's compass calibrated, which I did, and then it turned to green flashing twice. Still, cannot connect device to the remote or get the drone to spin up the motors.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.