How to avoid loosing another drone....

Might want to post pics of the cracks as you may get better advice. Also, some cracks are less risky to repair than others I think.

I'm thinking I'm going to send it off to the DJI Drone Service Center for getting checked out and repairs, unless you have a better source of repairs?

Attachments

• Cracks 3.jpg
    Cracks 3.jpg
    705 KB · Views: 155
  • Cracks 2.jpg
    Cracks 2.jpg
    650.4 KB · Views: 164
  • Cracks 1.jpg
    Cracks 1.jpg
    663.5 KB · Views: 147
I'm thinking I'm going to send it off to the DJI Drone Service Center for getting checked out and repairs, unless you have a better source of repairs?
If it were mine, I would not even consider sending it anywhere for anything in your photos. I’d probably just snap the shell back in place (“cracks 3” photo) and then check it out for any issues. Have you flown it, or have you only powered it up?

Last edited:
Yip easy fix yourself,looks like a soft landing so lucky
Glad you find it ;);)

If it were mine, I would not even consider sending it anywhere for anything in your photos. I’d probably just snap the shell back in place (“cracks 3” photo) and then check it out for any issues. Have you flown it, or have you only powered it up?

I flew it tonight and it operated very well. The only "item" slightly different is at a constant hover, it slowly looses elevation. X & Y are great, just a little droopy on the Z. I'll do some cleaning, order another set of new props and call it good!
I'm still absolutely ecstatic everyone here was such a great help in getting this found. In my ignorance, I completely wrote it off. This site put it back in service. Thanks Again!

Try the Trackimo!!! It is small and light. The 3G model is awesome. Does Cell, Bluetooth and Wifi. The tracking App is very good and will bring you right to your lost drone anywhere it goes. It keeps a history of everywhere it goes with full details.
I have to admit it has saved my butt several times now!!! I share it between all my drones and it is a nessecity Everytime I fly now!!!!

Try the Trackimo!!! It is small and light. The 3G model is awesome. Does Cell, Bluetooth and Wifi. The tracking App is very good and will bring you right to your lost drone anywhere it goes. It keeps a history of everywhere it goes with full details.
I have to admit it has saved my butt several times now!!! I share it between all my drones and it is a nessecity Everytime I fly now!!!!
Does it require its own cell plan?

I flew it tonight and it operated very well. The only "item" slightly different is at a constant hover, it slowly looses elevation. X & Y are great, just a little droopy on the Z. I'll do some cleaning, order another set of new props and call it good!
I'm still absolutely ecstatic everyone here was such a great help in getting this found. In my ignorance, I completely wrote it off. This site put it back in service. Thanks Again!
With it taking a hit you might try calibrating to help stop losing altitude while hovering did same thing once with a P3P I had went back with a friend and finally found it in a bunch of weeds by a creek. Glad you got yours back

Greetings,
Today I was flying our fence line of 40+ acres with a phantom 3 pro just for the view and looking at our expecting cows. I went north a couple of hundred yards above some timberlands just to use up some battery life, when at 53% I got a "low battery voltage. Landing now" message. About this time my return to home button turned into a red X and was not available. I tried to turn the drone south to head back to field, but the visual locked up and became highly pixelated to the point of seeing nothing useful for direction. I pushed for altitude and made my best guess for south only to receive one last pixelated view of trees.
I went cross country to try and get a better signal but it was and is lost.
So,
I will be replacing this drone since we have gotten used to using it as a camera and tool around the house and property. What I want to avoid is another lost one. Is there some way of tracking via GPS that would give me the location of a drone with low battery voltage issues?
Thanks for reading.

Goshawk, I take it you did not recover your Phantom? Sorry to hear about that; I've had the very same thing happen with my P3 Pro recently even with plenty of battery life remaining. My low battery warning has always been set at 20%, and I've had this happen when its really hot outside (greater than 90 degrees f). I was going to say maybe in the future try one of those "Tile" squares to help find lost items.
Hope you get your bird back. It could be stuck in a tree, who knows.
Kevin

oh heck, my fault I didn't see that 3rd page available in the thread....Excellent job recovering it.....that had to make your day. This is all good to know info on how to view flight plans.

Reactions: dronesky

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl