How to avoid landing gear when doing right yaw

Reaction score
Still finding the DJI instructions of their assistant software a little vague!

Is there an adjustment / calibration place to stop the attached photo happening? ie putting a limit on much right and left yaw compensation the H3-3D gimbal gives as the Phantom itself turns?

Many thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Phantom gimbal.jpg
    Phantom gimbal.jpg
    534.5 KB · Views: 762
I can't help, but had planned on getting the same gimbal to hopefully solve one of my problems with jerky side to side movements due to inability to make small smooth changes in yaw. I tried changing gain on the yaw settings of the phantom with little to no improvement. I was told a better remote ie futaba, FrySky would allow better and multiple gain settings of flight controls for video. I catch a glimse of one of the legs sometimes in windy or abrupt direction changes with the 2d. Hope you get your answer, I will need it too. I did add the Radio Shack pot on the front of remote and recalibrated to get great smooth up and down pointing of the camera.

Based on what I just read in this section, the yaw settings for the 3d gimbal are not adjustable. Looks like we will have to edit the leg out of the video or just cut the legs off.

There is an easy solution if you replace the stock landing gear with a wide phantom landing gear. There are a few available online for less than $10 a set.

Ejazzle said:
Medium FOV has eliminated it 90% of the time for me. Plus it looks a lot better.

This was the only solution I found. I also think it looks better, wide angle is great when shooting objects relatively near to the camera.
Aftermarket landing gear is really good, I've tried it, but it requires a new/non-standard case.
I am finishing CAD drawing of redesigned BW case insert - once it's ready, I will surely change for the wider landing gear.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl