Landing gear in the picture with Zenmuse Gimbal

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a newbie and have been trying to figure the following out:

In right turns I frequently get the left landing gear in the picture with a GoPro Hero 3+ 1080p wide. I have been trying to tweak all the Gimbal settings with no substantial improvement. Is there anyone here who had the same issue and who figured out a good way to solve this issue? Any hints are greatly appreciated.

Thanks much,
Daniel

DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter with Zenmuse H3-3D 3-Axis Gimbal and GoPro Hero 3+

yeah with 1080P wide you will catch the landing gear - most of us have experienced that. Aside from going to the wide leg landing gear the only real solution I have found is switching to Normal width. Honestly, I have found normal width better in general because I hate the fisheye look of wide anyway.

Reactions: Moby
A bit more expensive solution is a 5.4mm flat field lens. Narrower FOV, 10 Mega pixel sensor area and no fisheye. About £78 GBP incl DHL from aliexpress.com. easy to change on a hero 3+ black. I've done 2 now.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Buckaye said:
yeah with 1080P wide you will catch the landing gear - most of us have experienced that. Aside from going to the wide leg landing gear the only real solution I have found is switching to Normal width. Honestly, I have found normal width better in general because I hate the fisheye look of wide anyway.

Agreed. I use 1080/30/Medium and the picture is a lot more natural-looking, plus you avoid getting props/landing gear in the frame unless you make really extreme manoeuvres.

As above, 1080/30/medium. And latest firmware. With the latest firmware the gimbal will react on stick input (yaw) This helps getting rid of landing gear in the picture.

sijbren said:
As above, 1080/30/medium. And latest firmware. With the latest firmware the gimbal will react on stick input (yaw) This helps getting rid of landing gear in the picture.

I assume that you're referring to 3.06 for the Phantom and not a firmware for the GoPro.

IrishSights said:
A bit more expensive solution is a 5.4mm flat field lens. Narrower FOV, 10 Mega pixel sensor area and no fisheye. About £78 GBP incl DHL from aliexpress.com. easy to change on a hero 3+ black. I've done 2 now.

I scouted around on the website you mentioned but I can't seem to find the 5.4mm flat field lens. The link below takes you to aliepress.com & to the GoPro products.

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?Sea ... 0919081017

Bluegrass said:
sijbren said:

I assume that you're referring to 3.06 for the Phantom and not a firmware for the GoPro.
No, latest firmware of the Zenmuse gimbal.

What is the latest fw for the 3D?

Bluegrass said:
IrishSights said:

I scouted around on the website you mentioned but I can't seem to find the 5.4mm flat field lens. The link below takes you to aliepress.com & to the GoPro products.

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?Sea ... 0919081017
The link has changed i think, just search for 5.4mm lens and got this from my phone... http://m.aliexpress.com/item/1893557155 ... sitedetail
Its worth noting that this will only fit the Hero 3 Plus Black Edition not the Hero 3.

skeeter said:
What is the latest fw for the 3D?
So,1.0.0.6 is the latest.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411149646.122830.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411149646.122830.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 396
I use 1080/30 Narrow and when I fly "normal" I never have any issues with props or landinggear. I have seen the landinggear and the props one time each but then I was playing around and made fast turns at high speed and realy pushing the Phantom.

Awesome, thank you all for your advice. Will experiment with the non-wide setting and consider mods to the landing gear and lens as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers