HOW TO: Activate the DJI Goggles with the DJI Assistant 2 app

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
Follow these steps to activate the DJI Goggles with the DJI Assistant 2 application:

1) Install the latest version of the DJI Assistant 2 application (version 1.1.0-2 or higher). You can download it from the Phantom downloads page.

2) Connect the DJI Goggles to your computer using a micro USB cable.

3) Start the DJI Assistant 2 application.

4) Power on the DJI Goggles by pressing the power button quickly and then pressing and holding it (just like the Phantom batteries).

5) Use the touch pad on the right side of the DJI Goggles to navigate through several prompts until you're prompted to activate the goggles via the DJI Assistant 2 app or DJI GO. Choose DJI Assistant 2.

6) In the DJI Assistant 2 to app, click "DJI Goggles" in the "CONNECTED DEVICES" list.

01.jpg

7) Click the "Start Activation" button to activate the goggles.

02.jpg

8) Enter the email address for your DJI account and click the "Confirm Your Account" button.

03.jpg

9) Click the "Complete" button after the activation has been completed.

04.jpg

10) If a firmware update is available, click the "UPGRADE" button to initiate the firmware installation process.

05.jpg

11) Click the "START UPDATE" process to download and install the new firmware update.

06.png

12) After the firmware has been downloaded and updated, an "Update Complete!" message should appear.
07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

13) The DJI Assistant 2 app should now show the latest firmware is installed.

10.png

14) Exit the DJI Assistant 2 app.

15) Connect the DJI Goggles to the Phantom. If you're using the HDMI Output Module, you'll need to connect the included HDMI cable to a mini HDMI adapter (like this one).

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
None of that stuff happens when I connect my Goggles.

Mine say "VR for Mavic Pro" then it goes straight in to FW downloads.

I've updated to the latest. I've restarted everything multiple times. I've upgraded/downgraded/upgraded more times than I should have.

No matter what I have no activation option.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Edit: I see your DJI Assistant is a different version than mine. Mine shows v1.0.9 I just downloaded it today from the DJI website.

How did you get 1.1.0-2

Edit 2: The DJI Assistant downloaded from the Phantom 4 page is still only at v1.0.9 I downloaded the v1.1.0-2 from the Mavic webpage and lets see what happens

Last edited:
You're running an old version of the DJI Assistant 2 app. Install the current version from the Phantom downloads page.

Last edited:
I updated my instructions above to note the required version.

Yes, you'll need to use a USB cable if you want to use head tracking (see an example here). Or you could install the HDMI Output Module and use HDMI along with your mobile device.

Yes, you'll need to use a USB cable if you want to use head tracking (see an example here). Or you could install the HDMI Output Module and use HDMI along with your mobile device.
Ah, understood. HDMI isn't required for the P4P, but it would allow you to use a tablet in concert with the goggles if desired.

You got it. When using USB, all you have is the app inside the goggles.

How do you activate head tracking? I don't see that option. I only have two menus. None of them have a way to active head tracking, something I was really looking forward to try. I'm running the latest firmware for goggles.

According to information from the website:
DJI Goggles - Immersive FPV Goggles
Head tracking should already be supported for Phantom 4
[1] DJI Goggles supports Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 series and Inspire series. Some functions will be adapted for different DJI Products.

In the same version of the DJI Goggles manual where I pulled the above chart, it states the following:

Manual.png

It's not unusual to find conflicting information like this in DJI manuals and/or on their website. It would be nice if they'd make a better effort to update everything when inconsistencies and/or incorrect information is found.

Late to the goggle party. Got the goggles connected to my Mac with assistant 2 launched. The goggles do not show up on the left side of the dji assistant.
RE installed the dmg and relaunched... still nothing shows up. On the goggle display it just sits there saying "activating". Can't get past this.

Read the thread. Any ideas for me, please?

How do you activate head tracking? I don't see that option. I only have two menus. None of them have a way to active head tracking, something I was really looking forward to try. I'm running the latest firmware for goggles.
Head tracking and others,,,turn goggles on then use 2 fingers and swipe downward on touch pad,this brings them up (settings),,,,gezz replied to old post,sorry

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31