How to Access Play Store in 4+

Reaction score
Launch Facebook from your 4+ controller. In the app settings, look for "update" and click on it. You are in the store. I searched DJI and it did find Litchi but I didn't install it. If an apps not compatible with your device, it shouldn't show on the results so it would appear as though it might be.

Reactions: setandforget
Neat. But, are you able to install anything?

Neat. But, are you able to install anything?

Yep. Didn't try litchi as I don't want it. Be careful what you install as a test as some can't be uninstalled via the store.

I've been watching this thread and I'm shocked that the P4P+ owners are not all over this! Has anyone had a chance to try to load Litchi or other 3rd party control apps via this technique?

(BTW even if you cannot uninstall a program from the Google Store you can also do it via the command line if you install the Google ADB utility. I have confirmed that you can access the P4P+ via ADB.)

From reading other threads on the forum about installing 3rd party apps I thought you'd get some storage space error when trying to install on P4P+ ?
I'll be interested in what all can be installed and if it doesn't effect the DJI app's performance when running.
Interesting info.
Thanks!

What app were u able to install I tried b4ufly a few weeks ago .. Says installed but doesn't show up

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's not actually possible, right?
From what I've read from other posts here on the forum nobody has had success on installing other apps on the P4P+ built in Android OS yet.
I'm not sure if the member smiller has tried installing apps using the Google ADB utility that he was talking about. I'm not familiar with that utility so I'm not sure what it is capable of doing.
Hopefully someone will find a way.
As some have mentioned on other posts you can get another P4P controller and link it to your quad and then use whatever tablet or phone you want and install and use anything.
I love the brightness of the P4P+ screen but sure hope someone will find the trick to get other apps to install on it or DJI will have a future FW update that might make that possible.

I'm not sure if the member smiller has tried installing apps using the Google ADB utility that he was talking about.
I did try, but it didn't work. When trying to install an .apk package from the ADB command line I got the same 'insufficient storage' error that you get when trying to install from the GUI. This occurred no matter what partition I tried installing to. :(

Third party apps have been enabled now, can side load APKs onto sdcard and use new built in file explorer, or just download APKs using built in browser.

But google play store and google play services are still a problem.

How did the person above get the google play store working as shown in the picture above?

As much as I hate facestab I made a junk account but when I try to get to settings, the app just crashes......

Last edited:
Third party apps have been enabled now, can side load APKs onto sdcard and use new built in file explorer, or just download APKs using built in browser.

But google play store and google play services are still a problem.

How did the person above get the google play store working as shown in the picture above?

As much as I hate facestab I made a junk account but when I try to get to settings, the app just crashes......

I have the same problem, any fix?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing