How far/high have you been

I have flown about two and a quarter mile. Don’t program your max flight above 400ft, it will warn you not too. Flying higher will violate laws. You go any higher, a jet will suck up your drone and fall, crash and kill hundreds on board as on the ground. If I was their, I would kick you every day for a week. Lol
in order to fly in mountainous terrain you better have your max alt set more then 400 agl 1600 isn't enough

I also posted in another thread. I just purchased a set of RF Linx 2400SAX amps with Dc Injection.
My issue (please correct me if I’m wrong) is that the sticker on both units say; “2400SAX-500mw”
l purchased 1W amps (supported by paper work) through eBay off a reputable seller.
I’m I missing something?
Can someone chime in and clear this up for me and weather or not I should contact the seller.

Thanks,

500mw per antenna, two antennas equals 1 watt.
I'm hazarding as a good guess because CB radios if you had an amplifier that was 500 watts but had two antennas you actually had an output of 250 watts per antenna.
I believe that's correct somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

E24EE2A6-48EB-48C4-B489-66CF3AFB2362.jpeg 74D0E380-6F3B-4F6F-B2AC-B7D2E7822D14.jpeg

500mw per antenna, two antennas equals 1 watt.
I'm hazarding as a good guess because CB radios if you had an amplifier that was 500 watts but had two antennas you actually had an output of 250 watts per antenna.
I believe that's correct somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
No, not even close. One antenna is TX one is RX. They don't add together.
Don't get too caught up in output numbers. .5 Watt's is Transmit power. We are more concerned about Receive Db. I always lose Video ( RX ) first. I have the adjustable 2 watt Rf Link amps. I turn down the TX watts. No need for 2 Watts transmit. You could have a 5 Watt amp and still lose Video first.
RX Db's is were it's at. Those amps will work very well.

Does high wind affect the drone when higher up? I was at about 300 feet today and thought what if a big wind comes and knocks it off balance and it goes upside down and cannot correct itself.
Has this ever happened? Where it just falls out of the sky?

Thanks in advance for your responses...

Don't fly in wind that exceeds your skill level.
Fly out into the wind, that way it will be at your back when returning home. Learn how to use Atti and Sport modes. If the wind speed increases to a number higher than your bird will fly, it will blow away. That's where Sport mode will save you. well, as long as the wind is less than 45 MPH.
Once in the air the wind will NOT knock it out of the sky! The Gyro will not allow that.
Spend lots of time watching " My drone crashed or flew away video's " Almost all the time it is pilot error. Learn from other mistakes.

Good luck, be safe and take baby steps. You will get there.

Oh yah, it's not how far you go... it's how good you go far :)

Reactions: grino21
Can anyone point me to the regulation that specifically says you shall not fly higher than 400 feet?

Thanks!

Nice photography, but a total disregard of safety or for drone pilots who don’t want to have more limits in drone regulations. Photography: hame of fame; Piloting: hame of shame!
Thank you. Appreciate the feedback. It was filmed all over water apart from the beech scene but as you can see it was more or less empty

Can anyone point me to the regulation that specifically says you shall not fly higher than 400 feet?

Thanks!
As far as I know it's more of a recommendation then a rule. However.... Different countries, even different states in the same country vary on rule to rule. It's just common sense I guess to such as not fly near airports, and over crowded places like shopping malls. Don't get me wrong... I have done that in the past due to the excitement of testing litchi waypoints and see what footage comes back. I will happily hold my hands up and say I was wrong doing that and I haven't done that for about 7 months now. It was just a pure min of madness. However I am glad I did stop doing that as my drone cut out and fell to its death (thankfully over an empty golf course covered in snow so it was shut) however if I decided to fly anywhere else, then I could possibly go to jail and be the first ever person convicted of drone manslaughter. Really shook me up. That's why I was glad I stopped flying over public place months ago. I'm no killjoy and if people go ahead and do that, I won't moan or anything. I will enjoy the footage if anything, but.... Just want to say at your own risk and the risk of other innocent people. For me... I can't warrant doing that again

Thanks!

If you’re in the USA, when you register your drone, it makes you agree to follow certain recommendations. Of those, 400’ is clearly stated and you agree to it before you will receive your registration info. Sure you can ignore it...But I’m the sorta person that when I agree to something I follow through... Granted, it’s not a “law”....But I did agree to abide by it.

Reactions: Russ43Phantom
If you’re in the USA, when you register your drone, it makes you agree to follow certain recommendations. Of those, 400’ is clearly stated and you agree to it before you will receive your registration info. Sure you can ignore it...But I’m the sorta person that when I agree to something I follow through... Granted, it’s not a “law”....But I did agree to abide by it.
Check it out, the FAA has changed the pledge wording. No more mention of 400' for recreational flight. It talks about "community based safety guidelines", which means AMA rules I would assume.

upload_2018-3-15_16-45-56.png

Reactions: AndrewCCM
No, not even close. One antenna is TX one is RX. They don't add together.
Don't get too caught up in output numbers. .5 Watt's is Transmit power. We are more concerned about Receive Db. I always lose Video ( RX ) first. I have the adjustable 2 watt Rf Link amps. I turn down the TX watts. No need for 2 Watts transmit. You could have a 5 Watt amp and still lose Video first.
RX Db's is were it's at. Those amps will work very well.
Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Reactions: Turbomania

Thanks!
FAA Advisory Circular 91-57A last paragraph says no higher than 400 feet. Also they have issued a letter of interpretation concerning UAS operations. Their interpretation pretty much says you are subject to enforcement action if you don't follow their suggestions--unsafe operation. Suggest reading both.

I doubt a high wind could flip a Phantom. It resists all attempts to change its orientation. If flipped it will immediately right itself. When my Phantom 4 did flip last year for no reason DJI refused to acknowledge it could or did and never answered my challenge to duplicate the action without some failure to the drone. Instead they sent me a new one to shut me up!
Jim
Wa5tef

Wow

Don't fly in wind that exceeds your skill level.
Fly out into the wind, that way it will be at your back when returning home. Learn how to use Atti and Sport modes. If the wind speed increases to a number higher than your bird will fly, it will blow away. That's where Sport mode will save you. well, as long as the wind is less than 45 MPH.
Once in the air the wind will NOT knock it out of the sky! The Gyro will not allow that.
Spend lots of time watching " My drone crashed or flew away video's " Almost all the time it is pilot error. Learn from other mistakes.

Good luck, be safe and take baby steps. You will get there.

Oh yah, it's not how far you go... it's how good you go far :)

I was flying it in hawaii off some cliffs over the ocean and rhe winds coming off the cliffs would not allow it to fly back to me.
The mph returning to my was .2 mph. I was so lucky to get it back.

I was flying it in hawaii off some cliffs over the ocean and rhe winds coming off the cliffs would not allow it to fly back to me.
The mph returning to my was .2 mph. I was so lucky to get it back.
Scary, glad she came back!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4