So how do you like the fpv in action ?
How do you rate it compared to the p3p for : Sharpness and Clarety

Massively better?

A lot better ?

A little better ?

Sort of better ?

Can't see a difference ?

Thanks

I flew my P4 this evening and thought the FPV was a lot better than my P3P. Much more clarity overall. My P3P would get occasional low video signal when 3500ft away (depending on location), but the P4 has a solid video signal at any distance. Will keep the forum updated once I get more flights in.

Reactions: Cale262
With 5 cameras - you better hope its a little better...

With 5 cameras - you better hope its a little better...
Only one of those 5 cameras is broadcasting any FPV video. The others do nothing to improve it. They only keep the main camera from running into things, and help stabilize it when within 33 feet of the ground, which is good for long exposure shots. :cool:

Even though the FPV power output from the P4 aircraft is 20% lower than the original P3P W323, if the antennas in the struts for FPV transmission have been optimized and also keep the gimbal out of the way, by internalizing it, that could make a huge FPV difference, depending upon the aircraft orientation. On the P3, the low hanging camera and gimbal would often block the FPV signal.

Last edited:
I would also love to see if anyone could find out if there is a difference between the P3 and P4

Yes, I'm wanting to know as well, I have a LOT invested in my P3P with batteries, case and the HDMI out. If there is not much improvements in this area, I'm good with the P3...

Reactions: NormanNormal
You'd have to pry my almost perfect W323 P3P's from my cold dead fingers, before I would give them up. The P4 bar has been set very high! While the P4 matures, the P3P's will keep me very happy. Once the P4 can do everything my P3P's can currently do with my mods, then the real fun will begin with the P4. I bought it for its potential!

I think I will wait till the p4 pro/adv models come out in six months, then the p4 stnd that is out now will drop in price.
The pro will have zoom.

Dream,dream, dream......

I think I will wait till the p4 pro/adv models come out in six months, then the p4 stnd that is out now will drop in price.
The pro will have zoom.

Dream,dream, dream......
The primary purpose of the Phantom line today is as an aerial tripod for photography and videography. As such, it is a tool, and not an end in itself. If you are already getting the results you need and want, no need for a different tool. It's the output that matters. If there are any video or photographic opportunities that you will miss out on because of the lack of a P4 which can deliver them today, the few dollars you save may not be worth the wait. In the past, a decent DSLR with a quality lens would set you back $2,000. Then you needed to rent a helicopter for $500+/hr to shoot from, to get aerial and video shots with that camera. When you can get unlimited aerial video and stills for a fixed price of $1400 today for a full year until the P5 comes out, it's already a steal! :D

If you're coming from a P3A, like I am, then can I assume it will be a BIG difference, (since the P3P FPV is considerably better than the P3A)?

Isn't 720P still 720P?
The differences should be in the speed and or the CAS.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik