How do you store your LiPo batteries when not in use?

Reaction score
Do you use a LiPo bag?
A ammo box?
Tool Box?
Old sock?
Don't worry about it?
Bury out in the back yard?
Store at your Mother-in-Laws?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Any of the first 3 will do but you should drain or discharge the pack down to around 40-60% charged at room temperature.
Do not store the fully charge pack for a long period of time (weeks) because this will degrade/oxidize the cell matrix. Basically, the speed at which a LiPo pack ages (during storage) is based on both storage temperature and state of charge.

Full details below:

http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-lipo-batteries.html

I Have a Pelican case that i keep my phantom in. it has been pre cut to store 6 batteries and the charger.

I fly every day so my batteries never store very long. i just keep them charged and never run them all the way down. i have also numbered mine and keep a long of flight times. this way i can see if and when they start to drop off. If you don't have a low voltage alarm go buy one. they are cheap and work great.

As a general rule in an ammo can... but batteries I am going to be using I keep in a lipo bag for transport...

I travel full time in a motorhome. I purchased a small Sentry Fire Safe from Wally World and also have a lipo sack. I charge the batteries place them in the sack and then in the fire proof safe close the lid, lock it and store it in the basement of the mh. Overkill, maybe, but I don't want to risk losing my mh. I fly several ep's and all use lipo batteries, which are stored in the safe also.

If I don't plan on flying for a week or longer, I do the "storage" charge and then put them in a refrigerator in a lipo bag

I have 3 LiPo bags. One for discharged, one for being charged and one for charged.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers