How do you re-set the homepoint whist flying.Hi

Reaction score
Hi everyone, been doing quite a few test flight with my P3 this weekend, but I can't figure out how to re-set the homepoint whist still in the air.

On the P2V+ you just toggle the s2 switch five times fast, and the homepoint will re-set to where the aircraft is at the time. This was very useful before the Dynamic Homepoint feature was added.

How do you do it on a P3, this is pretty important if you want to fly off a boat, and you are not going to be at the homepoint if something bad happens. There is no Dynamic Homepoint in the Pilot App yet.

Hi everyone, been doing quite a few test flight with my P3 this weekend, but I can't figure out how to re-set the homepoint whist still in the air.

On the P2V+ you just toggle the s2 switch five times fast, and the homepoint will re-set to where the aircraft is at the time. This was very useful before the Dynamic Homepoint feature was added.

How do you do it on a P3, this is pretty important if you want to fly off a boat, and you are not going to be at the homepoint if something bad happens. There is no Dynamic Homepoint in the Pilot App yet.

Not to be a jerk but when you have a question please to a search on the forum first before posing as otherwise we end up with 50 threads all asking same questions :(

But to answer it as of now you cant

I thought you can reset the home point by clicking on the H on the aircraft icon - it update the home point to the current aircraft location - at present you can't select dynamic home point which updates it constantly to the pilot and useful in a boat.

That works for the Inspire but it seems that they haven't implemented it for the P3.
It's there in the app - until you connect the P3.
Have you got it on your pre-production model?

It's an obvious feature they need to implement ASAP..
I used it on most flights on my P2s

That works for the Inspire but it seems that they haven't implemented it for the P3.
It's there in the app - until you connect the P3.
Have you got it on your pre-production model?

It's an obvious feature they need to implement ASAP..
I used it on most flights on my P2s

Yes it is there on the older software and firmware but I must admit I have never tried it... it may not work in practice... maybe that's why it has now been removed

I thought this is what we discussed in the RTH Thread

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/check-your-rth-height.40799/#post-376163

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4