How do you fix esc error

Reaction score
Went to fly my phanthom 3 pro it took off just fine had to get the phone so I shut of both took it inside finish my call turned it back on . went threw the check list every thing ok took off about half a foot then it went crazy. Smashed right into my snow blower I quickly tryed to shut it off but nothing worked until I pulled the battery out. Now I have a esc issue . I think I need a new main board now?

If you failed to kill the motors and one or more was obstructed you have probably cooked one or more ESC. Good chance you will be looking for a main board unless you are very good at soldering SMD mosfets. I have seen it done plenty of times, I haven’t been real successful at it though. You will need someone like a mobile phone tech.

Reactions: alokbhargava
If you failed to kill the motors and one or more was obstructed you have probably cooked one or more ESC. Good chance you will be looking for a main board unless you are very good at soldering SMD mosfets. I have seen it done plenty of times, I haven’t been real successful at it though. You will need someone like a mobile phone tech.

Mosfets are sensitive to electrostatic charges and fail if equipment is not grounded properly or they are touched with charged hands.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Mosfets are sensitive to electrostatic charges and fail if equipment is not grounded properly or they are touched with charged hands.
For me it’s the lead spacing, I have installed and re-worked hundreds of T0-3, 257 and similar package style power mosfets without killing one. SMD rework is difficult (for me anyway) without really good equipment. I do know people who make it look easy though. They are more jewellers than electronic engineers. They usually have young eyes and very steady hands also.

Plus....isn't the unsoldering tool to use to remove them is one that has no magnetic field around its like a weller soldering iron with a copper u shaped tip ? it much more special for that sensitive small job...i've never had to ever remove one.

For me it’s the lead spacing, I have installed and re-worked hundreds of T0-3, 257 and similar package style power mosfets without killing one. SMD rework is difficult (for me anyway) without really good equipment. I do know people who make it look easy though. They are more jewellers than electronic engineers. They usually have young eyes and very steady hands also.
With.i googled that part number and it came up to census populations LOL....... " T0-3 257 " !

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl