how do you align the gimbal/camera clamp

Reaction score
I don't see any sign so I can fasten the clamp on a fix position......how do you know it is in the right place...I am worry about damaging the gimbal

Snap it on in between the two notches on each side of the rubber section of the landing gear.

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
You don't see notches like in my photos above?

not at all....I may need to mark it myself. I think it was a manufacturers defect.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 569
Ah. I thought we were talking about your Phantom 4 :)

I thought we were talking about your Phantom 4
yes...others are easier to put the clamp on the right place. I posted wrong picture. corrected now.

Wow -- you really don't have notches.

Try this:
  • Snap the gimbal lock onto one side of the landing gear (about 1 inch from the top of the gray rubber).
  • Lay the other side of the gimbal lock onto the landing gear, but do not snap it in place.
  • Line up the camera so it fits into the holder in the middle of the gimbal lock.
  • When the camera is aligned, snap the other side of the gimbal lock onto the landing gear.
I must admit, this process would be way easier if you had three hands. With a little practice though, you'll see how it can be done with two hands.

Once you get it lined up, you might want to make a small mark on your landing gear. Or, maybe score it very lightly with a knife. That way, it'll be easier to line it up next time.

Thanks...I will make the mark.

This had been discussed in the forums before. Just turn the P4 upside down, then clamp one side on, align up camera , and snap other side on . Mark on the bottom of the skids to where the best position is , and that will help you later when installing it.

Hmm. Maybe I'm the odd ball then :)

Hmm. Maybe I'm the odd ball then :)
did you recieve your unit before march 15? i know someone who got a freebie/promo unit from DJI and it has the marks on the skids like you. My unit bought march 15 at apple does not have them.

Reactions: offsite

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl