How do some of these phantoms advanced go 3 4 miles on you tube ? (Newbie)

Getting much better distant now with less interference and adjusting the antennas a little

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

When the green battery bars end hits the yellow H you get a Low Power warning and a pop up that says Returning Home in 10 seconds. Unless you cancel it.
If you disable SMART RTH in the DJI GO app the phantom will not automatically initiate RTH. You can then make the decision yourself when to bring it back home. It will however auto-land when it gets to the critical battery level.

I'm pretty sure nobody has asked this yet, but if you are in a CE area, your range is already limited to 500M due to CE regulations. FCC models have a much longer range.

You can chance the max altitude in the GO app. Up to 500m

Ditto!
Would be wise to stay under 400ft but I'm one to tip the scale....

I'm pretty sure nobody has asked this yet, but if you are in a CE area, your range is already limited to 500M due to CE regulations. FCC models have a much longer range.

How would we go about figuring out which model we have? I assume somewhere on the remote or bird it'll say FCC or CE, correct?

Ditto!
Would be wise to stay under 400ft but I'm one to tip the scale....
Why stay at 400ft? Who is going to enforce it? Whats the difference really in 400ft vs 600ft? No aircraft fly that low.

How would we go about figuring out which model we have? I assume somewhere on the remote or bird it'll say FCC or CE, correct?
FCC is US.

It would not matter. The remote sets FCC or CE depending on your GPS location. So if a US bought FCC remote is taken to a CE location, it will be set to CE.
I thought so....
Guess I need to sell so I can find one that is CE... Haha

P.S. FCC has more power output than CE. So if you are in the US you already have the one with the higher output (FCC).

No, I live in a "CE area" (Europe), and I often fly my Phantom 1-2 km away from the home point without issues. But this is of course violating the regulations, which say that the drone must remain (and be controllable) within eye sight at all times during a flight (like 200-300 meters or so).

// Tom

Did range test with my p3a and a copper windsurfer; personel best (so far) 12,548 ft; 4.6 mile round trip

Reactions: HWCM
Watching some you tube videos of one guy went 3.5 miles on a stock phantom advanced how does he does that go far ? Is that possible ?I fly my advanced and get a loss off signal at 400 meters.

I have taken my stock P3P out over a mile without losing a single bar on the screen. As others have said, it's just the environment where it is being flown

Reactions: HWCM
P.S. FCC has more power output than CE. So if you are in the US you already have the one with the higher output (FCC).
I was hoping it was a preset that was "stuck" but since it does it by gps I guess long range modifications would be the only way.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl