How do some of these phantoms advanced go 3 4 miles on you tube ? (Newbie)

Jesse James can at least 1 day pass without new topic from you ? :) Summ all your questions in one topic and open it, not open 2-3 topics a day, forum gets messy.
If he does that you will get threads within threads.

All good. Guy obviously has issues.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Watching some you tube videos of one guy went 3.5 miles on a stock phantom advanced how does he does that go far ? Is that possible ?I fly my advanced and get a loss off signal at 400 meters.

You will notice ALL these super long distances are in very rural area. You will not get this in the city where you have hundreds of wifi signs banging away at you bird. Good luck

I am not sure this is always true.

I watched a guy fly over a US city centre from several miles away about a month ago.

Is that not the purpose of a community forum? Geeze I learn a lot from these questions. I am glad they are asked.
I agree, that's what a forum is all about. Asking questions or giving your opinion on a (one) subject. Listing a few very different issues all in the same post doesn't make too much sence, IMO. Only if a second issue kind of relates to the first question and is more of a follow-up.

Watching some you tube videos of one guy went 3.5 miles on a stock phantom advanced how does he does that go far ? Is that possible ?I fly my advanced and get a loss off signal at 400 meters.

Have you tried to go out of town away from possible interference, because I get that range (400m) on my P3S in rural areas.

I don't have the cahoney's to fly over water, let alone that far! Lol!
One day while flying "Among Skyscrapers," (
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
) I came to the realization that if I crash from 400 feet up over concrete, the result will be the same as crashing into the sea. End of Phantom. At least crashing in the sea the chances of landing on someone's head are much smaller. One concern however I have with the ocean flying is the saltwater mist. If I can feel it I am grounded.

Reactions: Jesse James
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can't believe he got over a mile with a P3S, and that was just when the wifi downlink stopped not the RC range.

Reactions: Jesse James
So far the MAX distance I've gotten on my P3P was 1.65 miles at 1600ft. Very congested area. Lost signal and it started the RTH, reestablished connection within 1 minute.
1cdfe2a716b87d11ce2457207c93af78.jpg

I was wondering the same thing. I get to about 1640 ft and I get max distance achieved and it won't go any further. Whats that all about? I took off the max distance warning option (because it only gives you a choice to 500 meters), but I still get this limitation. I can only go a lousy 1/3 mile? that doesnt seem right.

So far the MAX distance I've gotten on my P3P was 1.65 miles at 1600ft.

I apologize in advance, but I am a noob here still. But are you referring to 1600ft altitude? I thought the max Legal altitude in the US for sUAS (drones) was 400ft according to the FAA? It also stated that when I registered and certified with the FAA... Are there ramifications for flying above 400ft? How well do they "enforce" that height?

My stock p3s with a windsurfer went 5800 ft the other day. I was standing on the roof though haha

I apologize in advance, but I am a noob here still. But are you referring to 1600ft altitude? I thought the max Legal altitude in the US for sUAS (drones) was 400ft according to the FAA? It also stated that when I registered and certified with the FAA... Are there ramifications for flying above 400ft? How well do they "enforce" that height?

No one will enforce it. The FAA doesn't have the authority to enforce anything. They can only create regulations in which jurisdictions can enforce those laws and regulations as outlined.

So until you take out an airplane, kill a kid, chop up your neighbors flying pig, fly over a run way and shutdown your local international airport - nothing will happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers