How do I update?

Reaction score
Hi,
Pretty new to th P3P, my remote is telling me pretty much everything needs updating, how do I do this? Is there a link to follow or do I go to the website? I can't find how to do it

Thanks

Go to this page for firmware updates and instructions.
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download

If you're currently running version 1.1.9 you might be well advised to stick with it for the time being ....an awful lot of people have experienced quite severe problems after updating to 1.2.6 and DJI are supposed to be working on a fix.

I did think that but suddenly thought am I invalidating the warranty but not updating? I have had no issues with the bird without the update

I'm no legal expert, but I wouldn't think not updating would affect the warranty. My P3P was rock solid before I updated to 1.2.6 but now requires constant input to prevent drifting....both sideways and up and down.

Hmmm catch 22 then, buggered if I do and if I don't

I don't think not updating your firmware will affect the warranty... I have two phantom 3 professionals - one I updated one I didn't..... I would wait until they come out with a new update since they basically have admitted that the update messed up the visual positioning system.

I don't think not updating your firmware will affect the warranty... I have two phantom 3 professionals - one I updated one I didn't..... I would wait until they come out with a new update since they basically have admitted that the update messed up the visual positioning system.
Yeah I think I'll take your advice, I have since called the shop where I bought it and they said it would not affect the warranty

Stuart, that's correct. You do not have to update the firmware in order to be covered under the warranty. And, if you do decide to update, keep in mind that you cannot downgrade.

Stuart, that's correct. You do not have to update the firmware in order to be covered under the warranty. And, if you do decide to update, keep in mind that you cannot downgrade.
Won't be upgrading until the system is sorted

Hi,
Pretty new to th P3P, my remote is telling me pretty much everything needs updating, how do I do this? Is there a link to follow or do I go to the website? I can't find how to do it

Thanks
If i was you i would update your club badge to decent team...only joking bud dont get all defensive on me!

Very interesting. I should get my P3A soon and just assumed I would have to update the firmware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic